Vafa Rewards

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts?

$11 per player, compulsory.

What a joke.
Have heard mutterings but don't undertstand how it works. Do clubs collect on behalf of the VAFA or is it a compulsory payment aligned to registration?

Obviously clubs/players once again being used to bail the VAFQ out of another financial mess. How about they do away with ridiculous B-D4 rep games, trips to Ireland and some of the other wastage.

Think the worst part is the fee was put onto the rego forms, but no comms went out until VAFA conference..
The 'product' isn't ready yet either.

Reason for introduction was due to raising costs but didn't want to raise club rego fees. Opportunity for club sponsors to get onto the platform too.

Getting blokes to play when short might become harder with the $11 fee.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you imagine ringing players to help out with thirds and then asking for $11. VAFA are totally clueless. Clubs will just add this onto the membership fee and gouge more out of an amateur player. District clubs will feel this pinch.

The payment is not a VAFA introduced fee. The money goes the AFL Victoria. They then get access to each clubs registered players to promote their products.

in 2019 AFL Victoria game the VAFA less than $30,000. We are the biggest comp, and we get not financial support.

VAFA would love the $100,000 plus this fee is going to raise.

Max

The payment is not a VAFA introduced fee. The money goes the AFL Victoria. They then get access to each clubs registered players to promote their products.

in 2019 AFL Victoria game the VAFA less than $30,000. We are the biggest comp, and we get not financial support.

VAFA would love the $100,000 plus this fee is going to raise.

Max

So if it is an AFL Victoria fee, has every league introduced it?
I’m also amazed that we have to pay AFL Victoria $11 for the privilege of them getting our contact details, surely they should pay us for that privilege!!
This whole fee is huge joke

It's a fee going to AFL Vic in order for the Vafa to buy a product.

Our data.

Theory being it will help the vafa sell more sponsorship etc.

Given the number of participants in the vafa @ $11 a pop, I'll be looking at the yoy sponsorship results with interest.

It’s not AFL Victoria, the $11 goes straight to the vafa. Most other leagues have the same rego fee but players get nothing for it. And the fee is much higher. At least this adds value to all club sponsors being able to promote to the whole league. Clubs that use it to their advantage will do well.

It’s not AFL Victoria, the $11 goes straight to the vafa. Most other leagues have the same rego fee but players get nothing for it. And the fee is much higher. At least this adds value to all club sponsors being able to promote to the whole league. Clubs that use it to their advantage will do well.

If all clubs can get their sponsors to advertise there will be a mass competition gaining nlothing for sponsors. Lets say each club advertises their sponsor pubs, their sponsor accountant, estate agent etc where will be the benefits for the sponsor? Not sure how this will work.

Is it $11 pa? If so, even though I don't agree with it, it's penny-ante. I suppose the concern is, will it escalate over time.

The wealthy clubs would cover it you'd imagine.

I'm not sure clubs can cover this (well not directly anyway), as won't it be viewed as a player payment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure clubs can cover this (well not directly anyway), as won't it be viewed as a player payment?

You would know far better than me about the current collection method of subs and whether this proposal falls into that space.

Subs were collected by the treasurer or a nominee and who paid them wasn't a matter of concern back in the day. The clubs in which I have been involved weren't wealthy so the shekels came from the player or a parent.

Whether a wealthy club covering the new impost is a contravention I'm not sure. You'd have to be pretty naive to think it hasn't occurred before though.

Max, Max, Max Out! Clearly didn't go to the conference or read club emails.

It indeed goes to the VAFA [less the sportstg collection fee] which in turn has enabled them to hire extra staff. You will not be able to ring "Snowy off the tram" as a fill in unless they are registered and registering means $11 at that point. Of course you can still play them under different names but there are huge risks involved [insurance coverage, tribunal issues, injury]. Great idea to get the players to pay.

The sponsors/players app will be a benefit to all. It is more than just advertising - you can't just put normal prices. It has to be an offer which might be reduced cost etc. If I happen to visit say St Bedes Sponsors Hotel I can access their deal by simply showing the app deal on my phone. So a parma and beer would be accessible to me at a St Bedes player cost in theory. The more on the better. Where it might be a real benefit is say if there is a car tyre deal which is significantly better than what is available in my area perhaps I would use it even though it is not my base club.

Time for the eye to awaken

THE EYE

;)

Max, Max, Max Out! Clearly didn't go to the conference or read club emails.

It indeed goes to the VAFA [less the sportstg collection fee] which in turn has enabled them to hire extra staff. You will not be able to ring "Snowy off the tram" as a fill in unless they are registered and registering means $11 at that point. Of course you can still play them under different names but there are huge risks involved [insurance coverage, tribunal issues, injury]. Great idea to get the players to pay.

The sponsors/players app will be a benefit to all. It is more than just advertising - you can't just put normal prices. It has to be an offer which might be reduced cost etc. If I happen to visit say St Bedes Sponsors Hotel I can access their deal by simply showing the app deal on my phone. So a parma and beer would be accessible to me at a St Bedes player cost in theory. The more on the better. Where it might be a real benefit is say if there is a car tyre deal which is significantly better than what is available in my area perhaps I would use it even though it is not my base club.

Time for the eye to awaken

THE EYE

;)
Jeez, I need to pick my game up. I was told otherwise.

Max "two weeks of cricket season left" Leader

Jeez, I need to pick my game up. I was told otherwise.

Max "two weeks of cricket season left" Leader

One of the reasons I like Max [who I'm unlikely ever to meet] is that he takes it on the chin and generally moves forward. Pity a little bit of Maxwell doesn't rub off onto us all.

THE EYE

:moustache:

One of the reasons I like Max [who I'm unlikely ever to meet] is that he takes it on the chin and generally moves forward. Pity a little bit of Maxwell doesn't rub off onto us all.

THE EYE

:moustache:
I'm pretty easy to find. Read historical posts, and you know which club I support and know what my roll at my club is.

Max "No secrets" Leader

One of the reasons I like Max [who I'm unlikely ever to meet] is that he takes it on the chin and generally moves forward. Pity a little bit of Maxwell doesn't rub off onto us all.​

We all admire Max. Not merely as a BF regular but as someone who puts in at his club. Without volunteers like him there’d be no community football. And I’ve never met him or likely to.​

We all admire Max. Not merely as a BF regular but as someone who puts in at his club. Without volunteers like him there’d be no community football. And I’ve never met him or likely to.​
Who’s we? The half a dozen people who post here? 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back