VAFA Women's 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question if I may.

Just perusing the results of finals matches and there seem to be heaps of low scoring games.

Of particular note was the West Brunswick -v- St Mary's Salesian score of:

WB 0.1.1 0.2.2. 1.2.8 1.2.8
SMS 0.1.1 0.1.1 1.1.7. 1.1.7

So two points scored in first qtr, one in the second, two goals in the third (yay) and a scoreless last term.

These are the two sides looking for promotion to the top grade aren't they?

How do we get these games to be more high scoring?

Hopefully things improve with time.

It will take time. Skills are not crash hot. With most games there is a lot of fumbling and girls around the ball. Lots of tackling and pretty messy. But there is certainly lots of endeavour and commitment. They go in hard. But due to the lack of kicking and handball skills, scoring is a challenge.
I popped down and saw the second half of the Carey and Ivanhoe game yesterday and whilst there was more scoring, the skills were pretty fumbly.
We just have to give it time. But wow, what a great first year. Best thing I have seen at the Ammos in a long time. For those clubs lucky enough (although plenty of hard work needs to be acknowledged here) to have a woman's team, you can really notice the impact it has had for these clubs.
Not just the sneaky in club affairs and relationships that have blossomed, making Saturday nights bigger and better, but the increased numbers, supporters, helping $, lunches, introducing new people and new sponsors etc etc. What a boom. Oh what a boom!
Ammos..the place to be

It will take time. Skills are not crash hot. With most games there is a lot of fumbling and girls around the ball. Lots of tackling and pretty messy. But there is certainly lots of endeavour and commitment. They go in hard. But due to the lack of kicking and handball skills, scoring is a challenge.
I popped down and saw the second half of the Carey and Ivanhoe game yesterday and whilst there was more scoring, the skills were pretty fumbly.
We just have to give it time. But wow, what a great first year. Best thing I have seen at the Ammos in a long time. For those clubs lucky enough (although plenty of hard work needs to be acknowledged here) to have a woman's team, you can really notice the impact it has had for these clubs.
Not just the sneaky in club affairs and relationships that have blossomed, making Saturday nights bigger and better, but the increased numbers, supporters, helping $, lunches, introducing new people and new sponsors etc etc. What a boom. Oh what a boom!
Ammos..the place to be
Good from you and very true. Our girls have been an outstanding addition to the club.

Genuine question if I may.

Just perusing the results of finals matches and there seem to be heaps of low scoring games.

Of particular note was the West Brunswick -v- St Mary's Salesian score of:

WB 0.1.1 0.2.2. 1.2.8 1.2.8
SMS 0.1.1 0.1.1 1.1.7. 1.1.7

So two points scored in first qtr, one in the second, two goals in the third (yay) and a scoreless last term.

These are the two sides looking for promotion to the top grade aren't they?

How do we get these games to be more high scoring?

Hopefully things improve with time.

Watch the first 20 minutes or so of this game (played clubbies at the venue beforehand) - one thing I noticed was that there's was often in excess of 30 girls around each contest, it was definitely not free flowing so I'm not surprised the scores were so low.

Am I loving this woman's comp or what?
The $10 for 3 games at Bill Lawry Oval has to be the best value in town today.
Great turn up. Great footy. Great love of the game.
Nice to see Kanny, Creds and NA supporting the lassies.....
Go VAFA

Am I loving this woman's comp or what?
The $10 for 3 games at Bill Lawry Oval has to be the best value in town today.
Great turn up. Great footy. Great love of the game.
Nice to see Kanny, Creds and NA supporting the lassies.....
Go VAFA

Wonder what the crowd is like at Sandy today in this weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back