News vaguely harassment lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting this into it's own thread to not pollute the RTB thread - looks like the east coast media are pursuing this one like crazy. They've name dropped Ross

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...mantle-harassment-payout-20180429-p4zcbi.html

Fremantle Football Club have reached a confidential settlement with a former junior staffer who alleges she was harassed by coach Ross Lyon several years ago.

The Age can reveal the payment, understood to be a low five-figure sum, came as a result of an incident at a club Christmas function where Lyon allegedly made inappropriate comments about the woman's attire.

The woman, understood to have been part of the Dockers' administrative staff, had usually worn casual clothes around the club but on the night had dressed up. It's understood Lyon, who joined the Dockers ahead of the 2012 season, had made a comment about the woman's clothing.

Lyon had immediately reported the matter to the club which investigated him and cleared him of wrongdoing.

It's understood the woman has not worked since leaving the club. The woman lodged a complaint with Workcover in early 2017.

Negotiations between the woman's lawyer and the club ran for several months and a settlement was reached before Christmas. It's understood a deal had been struck with the complainant that required non-disclosure of the agreement.

Thoughts?

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Someone seems to have breached the NDA. Whoever that was better hope that their identity isn’t ever revealed.

Grandstan

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
"A source close to Lyon". Reckon that source has had a fair bit to do with this story and RTB being named. Can't imagine who it might be. :rolleyes:

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I could of sworn Lyon killed someone with all the ruckus that was being made regarding this. This is seriously ******* nothing and was dug up to fill the news gaps in the football media.

Shoutout to all the keyboard lovers in the media who are mentally and physically incapable of working a real job.

I was told a couple of weeks ago by someone who would know that it was indeed rtb. Made an off the cuff comment that got back to this person.

I appreciate that harassment of any kind is unacceptable in a workplace, and should be stamped out. But is the media reaction here out of step with severity of the situation? Is it purely that there was some kind of payment that took place that has warranted ongoing investigation? Or was what was said that bad that RTB should issue a public apology and step down as coach? Like where on the scale of 0 to Harvey Weinstein are we?

Just trying to understand whether this is a serious issue, or it's simply media jumping onto something topical to get eyeballs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I appreciate that harassment of any kind is unacceptable in a workplace, and should be stamped out. But is the media reaction here out of step with severity of the situation? Is it purely that there was some kind of payment that took place that has warranted ongoing investigation? Or was what was said that bad that RTB should issue a public apology and step down as coach? Like where on the scale of 0 to Harvey Weinstein are we?

Just trying to understand whether this is a serious issue, or it's simply media jumping onto something topical to get eyeballs.
I think it’s a massive over reaction. But in the world we live in, everyone gets outraged at anything, and everyone seems to have an agenda or want to fly the “moral flag”. The media love making an example about a high profile figure.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Making 'inappropriate comments' about someone's attire is not sexual harrassment. To call it such is to diminish and trivialise real harassment

Dunno. Depends what it is.

"That dress makes your **** look great"?

Here's one for you.
I worked with a guy years ago who went on to play international cricket.

We worked in a labouring type job which suited him as he could come and go as he pleased with his cricket.

A young girl (Say late teens/early 20's) used to wear very tight legging style pants...it was more comfortable to get around the place.
He took to calling her "mumbles".

Every day "mumbles"
She finally asked what he meant.
He looks at her pants and says "I can see your lips moving but I can't hear what you're saying".

You can imagine how that went down.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
The woman, understood to have been part of the Dockers' administrative staff, had usually worn casual clothes around the club but on the night had dressed up. It's understood Lyon, who joined the Dockers ahead of the 2012 season, had made a comment about the woman's clothing.

Lyon had immediately reported the matter to the club which investigated him and cleared him of wrongdoing.

Yet here we are

Unbelievable OTT, sensationalist gutter journalism

Fleet Street would be proud

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dunno. Depends what it is.

"That dress makes your **** look great"?

Here's one for you.
I worked with a guy years ago who went on to play international cricket.

We worked in a labouring type job which suited him as he could come and go as he pleased with his cricket.

A young girl (Say late teens/early 20's) used to wear very tight legging style pants...it was more comfortable to get around the place.
He took to calling her "mumbles".

Every day "mumbles"
She finally asked what he meant.
He looks at her pants and says "I can see your lips moving but I can't hear what you're saying".

You can imagine how that went down.

Probably poorly, but I bet working on a building site she just told him to * off and that was the end of it
If Ross complimented her **** our girl should have done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back