Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Based on that conference you would have to assume if the media and people here think there is another complaint to come, the club is also aware of it and have made a stand in spite of it. Or it's just BS.

That forcefulness of Steve's "No" to the question re Ross stepping down, obviously the club not keen on letting him go.

Can't afford to plus god help us if Rock or Hale had to step up to fill the void.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
You'd have to be very glass half empty to have too many issues with how the club conducted that presser. The only real learning is Alcock seems a damn fine President of the club - batted away the pathetic attempts at "investigative journalism" effortlessly.

Ross looks understandably tired with it all but he'll push through. Rumour is Jason Weber has prescribed a weeks diet of Sailor Jerrys as part of his rehab program.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Maybe a tad pessimistic, pretty sure Pav still exists.
Pretend Freo supporter
I look forward to some successful years again so you can disappear for another 5 years like you did in that period of 2012 to 2016.
Then go experience it then!
haha. have blocked so many douche bags lately, I can't see who these are having a crack at. I'm just having to imagine the salty tears instead

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Nope, so we will continue our rebuild with Pearce, Sutcliffe and Johno, was really sad the day Dawson retired, ahh well 2 more years of ten goal games and getting blown off the park as the champions like Fyfe, Neale and Walters age into non existence like Pav

If you see a bright light, don't go near it

Also stay away from sharp objects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
I want to see Ross replaced but not under these type of circumstances.

Very interested to see how the players respond tomorrow. IMO if they show up then all is good however if they rollover it will indicate to me that Ross has run his race and has lost the playing group.

Tomorrow is a very significant game for the club.

That press conference was just strange to be honest.

I have the weirdest feeling after listening to that.

In the end it showed nothing new other than the club supports all currently involved. Objectively nothing was learned. I feel Taking anything more positive than "That was professionally run" and anything more negative than "That didn't really amount to anything" is just yours and my projection based on our own biases.

Saying that was strange is pretty strange in itself really (or conversely my own optimism from it)

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wish people would steer away from Workcover WA and Worksafe WA. Including bloody Whately - reportedly contacting the two govt bodies and determining no claim.

For a start Worksafe WA have nothing to do with this nor will they ever unless their is a safety matter or an injury for them to investigate.

I work in the Workcover WA industry. This club statement makes a few things more clear for those that don’t understand:
Alcock insisted Fremantle has learned from handling the initial complaint, which the Dockers confirmed was presented to the club via a WorkCover WA worker’s compensation claim form in late 2017.”

What has happened is that this claimant sat on the matter for four years. Then the club became aware of it when their Workers Comp Insurer made them aware of the claim submission/claim form. Then the club dealt with it outside WC WA. No WC Insurer will just accept a claim that is submitted 4-years after the incident. Heck many of the Claims I have seen for Rehab were submitted immediately and investigated/pended for an extended time.

So forget referencing WC WA and certainly Worksafe WA.

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can we just go and beat the saints by 100 points and get on with the season. No doubt there will be a new scandal somewhere within the AFL for the media vultures to feed-off next week.

Close thread.

Dormammu

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Out of sight, out of mind
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wish people would steer away from Workcover WA and Worksafe WA. Including bloody Whately - reportedly contacting the two govt bodies and determining no claim.

For a start Worksafe WA have nothing to do with this nor will they ever unless their is a safety matter or an injury for them to investigate.

I work in the Workcover WA industry. This club statement makes a few things more clear for those that don’t understand:
Alcock insisted Fremantle has learned from handling the initial complaint, which the Dockers confirmed was presented to the club via a WorkCover WA worker’s compensation claim form in late 2017.”

What has happened is that this claimant sat on the matter for four years. Then the club became aware of it when their Workers Comp Insurer made them aware of the claim submission/claim form. Then the club dealt with it outside WC WA. No WC Insurer will just accept a claim that is submitted 4-years after the incident. Heck many of the Claims I have seen for Rehab were submitted immediately and investigated/pended for an extended time.

So forget referencing WC WA and certainly Worksafe WA.
That's dynamite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back