Vale Allen Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Wore his number as a kid and there the day he broke his arm at the G. Vale Doc. One of the architects of the national game. Had some decent arguments with him re Gold Coast as he was pro moving. Always discussed with respect. Doc has a huge part in our history and the VFL/AFL. RIP.

Following since the late 90's so my only memories of him were in the mid 00's with him urging for us to go to Gold Coast, but I'd like imagine in recent years he realized his mistake.

Still doesn't change what he did for North before that though from what I've read. RIP.

Last edited:
Was a good man, back in the day the 70’s you use to que up for the finals tickets. Knowing my dad had young kids (my dad would be near the front of the queue would say to him’go home and came back in the morning, how many tickets do you need’ and hold the tickets for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad to hear of Allen's passing, a great player and greater administrator, a visionary who helped build North Melbourne in a powerhouse in the 70's and then built the VFL into a national powerhouse. One of the most important people in NMFC history.

RIP Dr Aylett.

Following since the late 90's so my only memories of him were in the mid 00's with him urging for us to go to Gold Coast, but I'd like imagine in recent years he realized his mistake.

I don't think he ever did - whether that was just stubbornness or arrogance I don't know, but it was a sad mark on his club and competition legacy, which is enormous.

Wore his number as a kid and there the day he broke his arm at the G. Vale Doc. One of the architects of the national game. Had some decent arguments with him re Gold Coast as he was pro moving. Always discussed with respect. Doc has a huge part in our history and the VFL/AFL. RIP.
I was there that fateful day too,happened right in front of me at a boundary throw in, I always blamed that Melbourne lug, Graham Wise, but not too sure. He announced his retirement that night on Pelaco Inquest. RIP Allen ,one of the greats of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back