Universal Love Vale Andrew Peacock

Remove this Banner Ad

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Somewhat disappointing that Essendon FC have to this point not recognised the passing of its longtime big supporter, Andrew Peacock. I understand he was possibly even a #1 ticket holder during the 1980’s90’s?

Putting politics aside, he was an influential public figure and huge Essendon person so I thought it did Essendon hasn’t sent it’s respects in the public forum.

Can we blame COVID cuts to the clubs admin as culprits? Should be recognised. Peacock has been widely recognised for his contribution to public life, Essendon should’ve been better.

I was lucky enough to meet Andrew Peacock a couple of times years ago and he was sincere, approachable and a gentlemen (even though i was only a kid and carrying his bags as a porter at a hotel he stayed at in Canberra).

He also engaged and contributed in a very meaningful and genuine way in Papua New Guinea amongst other developing nations. A First class human being in a sadly diminishing cohort in federal politics.

My parents had a party when I was a kid & he somehow ended up there. Just seemed like a normal guy...having a few Essendon players there might have helped with that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back