Vale Billy Picken

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee....and as we speak Jonathon is on TV. Sad news and 66 is certainly not old by any means. RIP and condolences to his family.

Bill Picken @ Collingwood
212 games 46 goals
Life Member
Team of the Century member
All Australian x 1
Best and Fairest x 2
2nd Best and Fairest x 3
3rd Best and Fairest x 1
Best Finals Player x 4
VFL Mark of the Year x 2
Victorian representative

Also 28 games @ Sydney

Father of Liam - Western Bulldogs
Father of Marcus - Brisbane Lions

RIP

1658574130664.jpeg

Sad news.

Why did he move to the Swans in 1984 after winning Collingwood's B&F in 1983. Very rare under any circumstance for a B&F winner to be playing at another club the following year.

Sad news indeed.

Was so entertaining to watch and a very talented footballer.
I feel so lucky to have been able to watch him live, in many ways his playing style was years ahead of the era he played in.

Probably my favourite Magpie player ever.

66 is way too young.

Condolences to the Magpie Faithful.

RIP 🌹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Condolences to Billy's family - He was a huge footy name when I was a kid in the primary school playground - there were plenty of Pies supporters at my particular school and the cry of ''Picken'' was synonymous with high-marking skill and dare.

Sad news.

Why did he move to the Swans in 1984 after winning Collingwood's B&F in 1983. Very rare under any circumstance for a B&F winner to be playing at another club the following year.
I think he left because of a pay dispute. It was kind of strange to see him in Sydney colours and good that he came back to the Pies to finish. One of those types of players that even though they played for the opposition, you still liked them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back