News Vale Bluey Hampshire

Remove this Banner Ad

Hampshire played in the golden era of ruckmen, he went up against Thompson, Dempsey, Moss, Ditterich, Roberts, Mckenzie, Nicholls and the gasometer Mick Nolan, but he was also under the shadow of Sam at Geelong who was by far the better ruckmen at the cattery and the Cats were giving the beanpole Rod Blake more of a go at the time of his departure to the Dogs..A handy player and i think the old fashioned word of serviceable comes to mind!

Fond memories of Bluey demolishing a "four'n'twenty" in the coaches box at the Western oval ... RIP.

I remember that. Was on The Winners from memory, or might have been World of Sport.

The 3rd Q was just starting and they showed the coaches box and Bluey was hoeing into a pie. The commentator mentioned they were glad that Bluey made it to the box in time as when he was racing up to the commentary box after halftime he passed Bluey in line at the pie stall.

Remember going out on the ground to a Geelong huddle..in a practice game. Had the biggest legs I have ever seen. Was a good player for Geelong and Footscray and rested in the back pocket mainly I believe. Obviously not as good as Newman or Farmer but certainly on the next line. represented Victoria as well. Geez he was a big bastard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back