Vale Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
Geez the product could do with a manager like this atm

I haven't watch any Wrestling (at least not in dribs and drabs) for a long time. However the timeline of the video you posted and also why the Attitude era was so good; had a lot to do with everybody (beyond the Jobbers) having importance.

Even though you had Main Event Wrestlers (especially Hogan) the Company was built around, every section of the card had relevance (even Tag Teams). Face & Heel were defined and they made the actual matches the centre point. Even the interviews were there to build up the match, not some garbage dog and bone comedy routine.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The amount of talent in the Heenan family was unbelievable. Rick Rude, Big John Studd, Andre, Haku, Blanchard and Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorf ect. His long feud with Hogan was great, you beat this guy, I'm now going to give you this one to bury. Just a shame Hogan always won. The Roman Reigns of the 80's.
RIP and may his talents not be wasted but others learn from the simple things he did which made him a great.

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
The amount of talent in the Heenan family was unbelievable. Rick Rude, Big John Studd, Andre, Haku, Blanchard and Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorf ect. His long feud with Hogan was great, you beat this guy, I'm now going to give you this one to bury. Just a shame Hogan always won. The Roman Reigns of the 80's.
RIP and may his talents not be wasted but others learn from the simple things he did which made him a great.
Difference was, there was a time (for many years) when Hogan winning was what the crowd wanted and paid to see.

Back