Vale Charlie Whiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely unexpected and although I am sure there are back up plans for when the race director couldn't make it to a GP, I doubt any of them thought it would be this sudden that they'd have to plan for life after Charlie.

There will be moments when drivers and engineers ask to speak to Charlie and then realise after half a second that he's not there any more. An integral figure to F1 that you almost expected to be there every race weekend.

RIP

Completely unexpected and although I am sure there are back up plans for when the race director couldn't make it to a GP, I doubt any of them thought it would be this sudden that they'd have to plan for life after Charlie.

Michael Masi was ear marked to replace Whiting when he retired at the end of this season, so will probably be the permanent replacement as original planned. Not sure if he is currently in Melb/Aus for this weekend though.

Wow. Sad news.

There will be moments when drivers and engineers ask to speak to Charlie and then realise after half a second that he's not there any more. An integral figure to F1 that you almost expected to be there every race weekend.
That is going to be quite awkward to hear on the radio

He was such a permanent fixture that I thought he always would be. Rest in Peace Charlie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back