Vale Damien Lovelock

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
images

A staple of SBS The World Game and NFL coverage for years, as well as a talented musician in his own right. Didn't always agree with his views, but his passion and love for the world game was infectious and undeniable. Lucy Zelic and Craig Foster's tributes on Twitter show how loved and respected he was. Very sad news, he will be missed.

This deserved more than two notes.

If you haven't read the great piece on the ABC about the guy – you should. It's here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-03/celibate-rifles-frontman-damien-lovelock-dead/11373500

All that was good about the guy is in the article above and eloquently put forward by someone who actually knew him. All I can say is what a life, and half his luck.

I used to love seeing Damo and Rocket come in for their segment on The World Game. Hypothetical World Cup, Fan's Corner. The guy loved the grace and geezers of the game. I wish I could've been a bit older to really appreciate his humour and outlook. Those seven hour marathons would've gone down a treat with a continental roll and a sleep (during Tony Palumbo's bits) while nursing a crooked hangover on a sunny Sunday.

One of the cool, decent people and the game is losing too many of them. And not regaining many at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back