Vale : Dan Rooney : 1932 - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

imgres-9.jpg imgres-10.jpg

I woke this morning to read with a heavy heart that one of the NFL Greatest Owners had passed.

We all owe this man a debt of gratitude for his massive contribution to the game we love.
To the Steelers faithful condolences .

To Woodson in particular Mate we feel your loss.

It's people like Dan Rooney that create and help build communities and a better world.

RIP : Dan you will be missed and treasured by the NFL community.

Steelers chairman Dan Rooney has passed away at the age of 84.

A giant of the game, Dan was the son of Steelers founder Art Rooney. He had led the team since 1988, and been associated in some capacity since 1955. A believer in stability, the Steelers had just three coaches during Rooney's nearly 30-year tenure. A football man all his life, Rooney briefly stepped away from 2009-12, when he served as the 30th United States Ambassador to Ireland. The "Rooney Rule," which mandates teams interview minority candidates for coaching and general manager vacancies, was Rooney's doing. The team is now fully in the hands of Rooney's son, Art Rooney II.

View attachment 357471 View attachment 357472

I woke this morning to read with a heavy heart that one of the NFL Greatest Owners had passed.

We all owe this man a debt of gratitude for his massive contribution to the game we love.
To the Steelers faithful condolences .

To Woodson in particular Mate we feel your loss.

It's people like Dan Rooney that create and help build communities and a better world.

RIP : Dan you will be missed and treasured by the NFL community.

Thanks for posting Monocle. I see the upside to losing him in the off-season as it stirs some much needed motivation / better preparation to win it for him without the heavy emotional drain during the season. Sure, it's a damning setback for the organisation as all the good things you can think about the NFL, Dan Rooney's name will pop up. R.I.P. Pops (as some affectionally called him) Mr Rooney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back