News Vale Danny Frawley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sirlothie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He wasn’t a space cadet but he seemed off, no where near his loud comedic self. As i said, hindsight.

And I could be wrong.
I am not a watcher of the Bounce or listen to the radio so I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal. As someone else said, he had probably come to terms with his decision at this point. I think when he said you wouldn't want to know what my birthday wish is was poignant and I think it showed he had plans sadly.

Credit2thaB0is

Debutant
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I am not a watcher of the Bounce or listen to the radio so I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal. As someone else said, he had probably come to terms with his decision at this point. I think when he said you wouldn't want to know what my birthday wish is was poignant and I think it showed he had plans sadly.
I’ve been close to or not too far from suicide before and from my experience it seems the person is in good spirits in the days/weeks leading up to it. Their whole mental state seems to improve once they’ve decided, in secret, to take that fatal step. I find that pretty creepy to be honest. But mostly it’s just painful. It’s just awful.

Slartibartfast

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve been close to or not too far from suicide before and from my experience it seems the person is in good spirits in the days/weeks leading up to it. Their whole mental state seems to improve once they’ve decided, in secret, to take that fatal step. I find that pretty creepy to be honest. But mostly it’s just painful. It’s just awful.
The thoughts of dying are the most comforting thoughts you have.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Can we stop quoting that as though it is true. It points to people's confirmation bias, so much so they stop listening to the rest. He said 'you wouldn't want to know..it may be the hosts chair' (paraphrased).

This is bad enough without people making things up

JohnZ

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Listening between the words that JB and Billy were saying today on the Rub...the whole situation is quite sad. I can understand why the show didn't run yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heisenberg_

Premium Platinum
Sep 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can we stop quoting that as though it is true. It points to people's confirmation bias, so much so they stop listening to the rest. He said 'you wouldn't want to know..it may be the hosts chair' (paraphrased).

This is bad enough without people making things up
Was a long running gag that he was gunning to take the host role from the Chief, was nothing in that at all.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Confirmation bias? It's confirmed mate.
Look up confirmation bias. You missed the rest of what was said because of what you wanted to hear. Your post refers to things that didn't happen on the show and you have been called on it. As i said it is bad enough without people making things up.

Most people knew what it was from the time Tony Shaw spoke on 3aw that evening not because of a bunch of amateur Psychologists mishearing things on a show.

sirlothie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look up confirmation bias. You missed the rest of what was said because of what you wanted to hear. Your post refers to things that didn't happen on the show and you have been called on it. As i said it is bad enough without people making things up.

Most people knew what it was from the time Tony Shaw spoke on 3aw that evening not because of a bunch of amateur Psychologists mishearing things on a show.
Yeah OK mate. You seem overly angry, but well done, you win the internet today.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham

All the best.
Mate instead of continually coming back at me, delete your embarrassing post that includes gems such as

"I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal".

This is a real person and family we are talking about and posts from amateur Psychs I think are disrespectful.

sirlothie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate instead of continually coming back at me, delete your embarrassing post that includes gems such as

"I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal".

This is a real person and family we are talking about and posts from amateur Psychs I think are disrespectful.
I'm not trying to be an amateur psych, we are all entitled to try and make our own sense out of it, it's part of the healing process. Consider your approach.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
I'm not trying to be an amateur psych, we are all entitled to try and make our own sense out of it, it's part of the healing process. Consider your approach.
My approach is to call out untruths and made up stuff. They are the last thing anyone needs - me, you, those that knew him, the family.
Most people know and have accepted what this is.

i am very comfortable with my approach..you?

Grechy

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
The media are reporting today that he did not attend his own birthday function on Sunday, and died when he should have been seeing his psychiatrist.

So very, very sad.
I listened to a few interviews he did. One with SEN and the other with Damian Barrett of the Herald Sun and from those interviews it just seemed spud had gotten better. Jesus how did it get to this? One of the saddest things in footy I've ever been alive for. Just a bloody tragedy this is.

Top Bottom