News Vale Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess if its deliberate theres a case to be made for making people aware etc in an attempt to prevent similar

but I'd rather the media and co leave the guessing and speculation

he's dead either way and it sucks

if you havent checked it out give his podcast interview with hamish McLaughlin a go, i only found it today,

I guess if its deliberate theres a case to be made for making people aware etc in an attempt to prevent similar

but I'd rather the media and co leave the guessing and speculation

he's dead either way and it sucks

if you havent checked it out give his podcast interview with hamish McLaughlin a go, i only found it today,
interesting interview. He had a massive competitive drive and based his personal value on his success. This lead to enormous amounts of self-judgment. I've heard that male suicide is often linked to relationship breakdown, financial pressure, not just depression and anxiety. Unfortunately for Spud he seemed to be experiencing all of these at once in recent times.

interesting interview. He had a massive competitive drive and based his personal value on his success. This lead to enormous amounts of self-judgment. I've heard that male suicide is often linked to relationship breakdown, financial pressure, not just depression and anxiety. Unfortunately for Spud he seemed to be experiencing all of these at once in recent times.
Financial pressure can often lead to some of those other factors.

Current players involved this weekend to have worked with Spud are Rhys Stanley should he be picked and rightfully I think he will and of course Luke Hodge.
Only current players to have worked with Spud (Hawks 08-09) and (Saints 14)

Plus Hickey at WCE.

Plus there are two other ex-Stkilda players there who may have had some casual meeting or awareness of Frawley as he was often at the club even when he was not an official assistant coach.

A minute silence has been called for by the AFL, it would be great if the entire crowd all raised their hands at the end and screamed "Bang"....players too!
That could be taken the wrong way considering what happened.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plus Hickey at WCE.

Plus there are two other ex-Stkilda players there who may have had some casual meeting or awareness of Frawley as he was often at the club even when he was not an official assistant coach.
Yes forgot about Tom. It will definitely be an eery and emotionally raw weekend

I can’t even fathom the Saturday Rub
I'm guessing (understandably) the rush hour was cancelled for Tuesday?

Gonna be a real tough time for alot of the MMM boys especially in terms of media work. Travelling all over the world I've almost spent more time listening to podcasts than real people and it really does feel like a family member has gone. Can't imagine what Blokes like Lyon or Dunstall are feeling let alone his family. Bloody hell.

Gonna be a real tough time for alot of the MMM boys especially in terms of media work. Travelling all over the world I've almost spent more time listening to podcasts than real people and it really does feel like a family member has gone. Can't imagine what Blokes like Lyon or Dunstall are feeling let alone his family. Bloody hell.

Spud would be upset if he learnt the show was not going on. We all just have to grit our teeth and march on until time heals all wounds. I haven't seen this kind of devastation and outpouring of grief though since Millane died. Rocked everybody.

May sound a little naive here given I’ve never listened to MMM but what is the Rush Hour and who is part of the program and secondly, did Danny used to also be on MMM?

The Triple M footy podcast feed today was a tribute to Danny and then some of the iconic segments. I rarely listen live but avidly listened to the “A group” podcasts for years.

I can’t imagine what the crew, let alone Bung & Loin Chop, are feeling. I‘m a closet Bounce watcher and can’t imagine the show without him.

May sound a little naive here given I’ve never listened to MMM but what is the Rush Hour and who is part of the program and secondly, did Danny used to also be on MMM?

Pretty much every iconic Triple M footy moment involves Spud. Here’s a great intro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Triple M footy podcast feed today was a tribute to Danny and then some of the iconic segments. I rarely listen live but avidly listened to the “A group” podcasts for years.

I can’t imagine what the crew, let alone Bung & Loin Chop, are feeling. I‘m a closet Bounce watcher and can’t imagine the show without him.

I'm watching his last appearance on the Bounce right now, he appears with it and on top of things, having a laugh, business as usual. I expected him to be a bit off but there is no indication of anything wrong to me... I can see how it caught everyone off guard.

This might be the all timer

James Brayshaw and Billy Brownless have been doing drive radio for about a decade now and they had Spud on a segment almost every week for years. Not only that but he Spud worked on MMM for the Saturday rub which was a 3 hour preview show of the footy with Brayshaw Lyon Dunstall BT and Damo mostly, though it was barely a preview as much as it was a comedy show. They would take the piss out of each other for house on end and it really was a big part of growing up in Melbourne. These guys didn't just work together they were best mates as well and they even managed to play characters of themselves on the show.

Spud has been a MMM figure for a good part of 20 years

Who kicked him out of mmm? Robbo was saying that played a big part in his depression.

Don’t think anyone kicked him out, reckon he followed Gary to SEN. Chief had left MMM too.

Wouldn’t listen to that windbag Robbo has to say.

Don’t think anyone kicked him out, reckon he followed Gary to SEN. Chief had left MMM too.

Wouldn’t listen to that windbag Robbo has to say.
I thought it was either the Caroline Wilson bit which made MMM want to clean up a bit or more likely what you said which was he followed Gaz. Those 2 were best mates and you could always hear the way Spud respected Gaz. In fact the MMM boys often gave him s**t for it

I thought it was either the Caroline Wilson bit which made MMM want to clean up a bit or more likely what you said which was he followed Gaz. Those 2 were best mates and you could always hear the way Spud respected Gaz. In fact the MMM boys often gave him s**t for it

Well they were bumchums since working together for the VFL in the 80's. All those poor blokes are never going to get over this. Just listening to the old mmm clips now, the laughter, geez the moments these blokes must have shared with each other over the years. Can't imagine any closer mates over what they are have shared. I don't see how they could get past it. I know time heals all wounds but christ. Sunk everyone into depression. I'm traumatised, imagine them.

I'm watching his last appearance on the Bounce right now, he appears with it and on top of things, having a laugh, business as usual. I expected him to be a bit off but there is no indication of anything wrong to me... I can see how it caught everyone off guard.
You think?

I thought the complete opposite. Yes he had a laugh but his body language and his general demeanour looked very off.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Often when a person is legitimately suicidal they can have the appearance of being more happy and relaxed than normal, because the internal struggle has ended and they are at peace with the idea of dying. The real red flags at this point in time are when they are found to be “finalising” their affairs such as transferring money out of their bank accounts, giving away prized possessions out of the blue or making definitive statements to loved ones about their feelings for them.

This

MMM management broke up the "clique" and wanted it to be less "blokey"

I read something yesterday where Michael Roberts said the beginning of his downfall was his departure from MMM. Not sure what happened there, but I believe it all began with the Barry Hall comments on Leigh Montagna's wife. Now I'm not going to start blaming people, but this is where theses attacks on people by the media and do-gooders lynch mob types can destroy a person. A simple apology should suffice, but I remember that rubbish being in the news for months, calling for the sacking of everyone in the conversation and an absolute berating of them.

Again, not blaming this incident in it's entirety on what happened to Danny, but this is where people need to be careful on how hard they demonize someone after they do make a silly comment or do something that may offend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back