News Vale Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not trying to be an amateur psych, we are all entitled to try and make our own sense out of it, it's part of the healing process. Consider your approach.
My approach is to call out untruths and made up stuff. They are the last thing anyone needs - me, you, those that knew him, the family.
Most people know and have accepted what this is.

i am very comfortable with my approach..you?

The media are reporting today that he did not attend his own birthday function on Sunday, and died when he should have been seeing his psychiatrist.

So very, very sad.

I listened to a few interviews he did. One with SEN and the other with Damian Barrett of the Herald Sun and from those interviews it just seemed spud had gotten better. Jesus how did it get to this? One of the saddest things in footy I've ever been alive for. Just a bloody tragedy this is.

If that is what you got from my last post see ya round. I can't see how anyone could be comfortable making things up and then arguing about it in a situation like this.

Lol direct your scorn elsewhere DH. I never made anything up. I'm not the one arguing. Let it go, let it go... You're the hero no-one asked for.

Last edited:
Gotta say it's been 2 days now and I still can't really accept it.. bloody flat as a poop Carters hat as spud would say. Just a really surreal feeling. Don't think a celebs passing has hit me as hard apart from Phil Hughes

Can we stop quoting that as though it is true. It points to people's confirmation bias, so much so they stop listening to the rest. He said 'you wouldn't want to know..it may be the hosts chair' (paraphrased).

This is bad enough without people making things up
yeah, I read that comment about his birthday wish that his wish was something bad to happen to Dunstall, hence why he would not want to know, as you would expect from those two. It is human nature though to search and find patterns in things, we all do it.

Gotta say it's been 2 days now and I still can't really accept it.. bloody flat as a poop Carters hat as spud would say. Just a really surreal feeling. Don't think a celebs passing has hit me as hard apart from Phil Hughes
For mine this is harder than Phil’s and the only one that’s directly affected me.

And I’ve been following the game for 10 years - I can’t believe how much harder it’d be for older Saints fans.

For mine this is harder than Phil’s and the only one that’s directly affected me.

And I’ve been following the game for 10 years - I can’t believe how much harder it’d be for older Saints fans.

Spud's been involved in footy in one way or another for so long everyone under 40 doesn't know footy without him.

I read something yesterday where Michael Roberts said the beginning of his downfall was his departure from MMM. Not sure what happened there, but I believe it all began with the Barry Hall comments on Leigh Montagna's wife. Now I'm not going to start blaming people, but this is where theses attacks on people by the media and do-gooders lynch mob types can destroy a person. A simple apology should suffice, but I remember that rubbish being in the news for months, calling for the sacking of everyone in the conversation and an absolute berating of them.

Again, not blaming this incident in it's entirety on what happened to Danny, but this is where people need to be careful on how hard they demonize someone after they do make a silly comment or do something that may offend.
Why don’t you do some research before talking out of your arse?

He’d left Triple M two years before the Barry Hall incident.

Great article by Paul Roos on Players Voice about Danny Frawley and well worth the read:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just watching Spud’s final episode of Bounce from Saturday night. In the first 2 mins they give him a birthday cake and after he blows out the candle Dunstall asks him “what did you wish for Spud” and he replies “fair to say, you wouldn’t want to know” and then trails off...
I have heard people read into this moment on 'Bounce' as a sign of what would sadly go on to happen but I don't subscribe to this. If you watch the show even semi regularly you would know that Spud has always delivered gags or little pot shots like this at the Chief. Taking it at face value is that what he meant is he didn't want Dunstall to know that his wish was to be host, nothing more, nothing less.

So I have a little story about my first meeting with Spud.
As a kid, I was a diehard saints supporter (I’m from Moorabbin) yes I go for the crows now however I swapped when Lockett left & I was a big fan of Modra and there’s that, I was like 8.

Anyway I used to watch them train every week at Moorabbin, my cricket clubs base was there.. I was literally always there at Moorabbin. I used to kick the footy on the ground as they’d train and so on.
One day I wondered into their dug out after training (for shits and giggles) lol spud was the first person I saw, he was speaking to Ken Shelden I think it was, their coach. Spud just greeted me with a massive smile and asked me how I was. Could have easily told me to get out etc, I left on my own accord though.
That’s all you remember about him, the great big smile he had, he was a people’s person, ******* sucks man.

When they’re making up crap to try push an opinion then yes I would.

Love how you’re having a go at me. That poster was keen to rant about the modern world, do gooders etc when it had zero to do with Frawley.

I'm not having a crack, I just get tired of things turning into fights especially here. Correcting him is fine, but you don't have to land a blow it the meantime. It's not just you. People can just take the effort to remain civil it would be a better place. A lot of posters and I'm not saying its you attempt to belittle and demean people when they get something wrong. You don't have to. Just politely set them straight. Otherwise it gets ugly and before you know it gloves are off. Just something to consider.

So I have a little story about my first meeting with Spud.
As a kid, I was a diehard saints supporter (I’m from Moorabbin) yes I go for the crows now however I swapped when Lockett left & I was a big fan of Modra and there’s that, I was like 8.

Anyway I used to watch them train every week at Moorabbin, my cricket clubs base was there.. I was literally always there at Moorabbin. I used to kick the footy on the ground as they’d train and so on.
One day I wondered into their dug out after training (for s**ts and giggles) lol spud was the first person I saw, he was speaking to Ken Shelden I think it was, their coach. Spud just greeted me with a massive smile and asked me how I was. Could have easily told me to get out etc, I left on my own accord though.
That’s all you remember about him, the great big smile he had, he was a people’s person, ******* sucks man.

I rocked up when I was about 14, 1994 or 1995 to the big V training at the MCG. Spud may or may not have been involved, same with EJ, but only about 30 people actually thought of coming to watch Victoria train the week of state of origin. And it was still a huge game then. It finished and they welcomed everyone to go down into the rooms. I was wide eyed and star struck everywhere I looked. I had a lot of respect for big V players when I was a kid, and Danny Frawley was pretty high among them. If he wasn't in the side, he would have been there. He was pretty much the unofficial leader of Victoria as well. I don't think they provide that kind of access anymore, it's a shame. It's all straight behind closed doors. I got into Hawthorn, Collingwood and Melbourne rooms after training before too when I was a teen. They used to welcome you with open arms.

Especially on a thread like this, incredibly disrespectful how some people have been posting in here.
You seem surprised?
Mate this place can be utter poison and this thread ironically reminds me that it’s the last place people with mental health issues should frequent.

Birthdays get more depressing the older you get.

Compare it to Dunstall's acting up of it for his birthday is more what I mean. And his usual antics.

Most of us wouldn't have known Danny personally , and I only,new him from TV, and I'd seen him play, but you looked at Danny Frawley and you knew you were looking at a good person, genuine , a helper and a doer, good people you can read, this man was a good person, and this is a damned tragedy beyond anything in football I've experienced.
Living a long long way from my old hometown, when I heard this , it was heartbreaking, and never be afraid of tears folks.
Danny's going makes that happen because you just sort of know him, in your own way.

You have to talk to someone if you need to, do it! , you just have to talk!

Nothing is worse or worth the way he went, when he shouldn't be gone at all. R.I.P.
God bless and take care Danny's family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back