Vale Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

So sad to hear the news . Hopefully there will be answers to questions so that the family can have closure....RIP Spud Frawley
I’m sure the family will know what they need to. The rest of us don’t have to know more and I hope - apart from letting them know how much love is around footy for him and them - we can leave them alone.

Chip Le grand effectively putting it out there for all to see

Financial and marriage issues, ******* poor bloke. Just wanted to be the best he could be, and didn’t realise that he was ******* great

* me that is hard to read. Very much a read between the lines article.

Incredible sad that he couldn’t see his value to the world. He was a funny character that could light up a whole room.

I was lucky enough to listen to him at a school footy training camp in under 18’s. When he spoke every single kid listened. He had so much time for the younger generation coming through the ranks and you could see he had so much passion about people getting the best out of themselves.

Mental health doesn’t discriminate. Please, if you need to talk, find someone to talk to. Never be afraid to seek help.

Rest Easy Spud, I hope the weight has been lifted off your shoulders now.

First media

Financial and marriage issues, ******* poor bloke. Just wanted to be the best he could be, and didn’t realise that he was ******* great

Yeah, you don't write something like that unless you have a pretty good idea of what happened. Incredibly sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you write this? Some tweets earlier were bad enough but this is a much more considered choice.

Let the family be. Let them tell a story when and where and if they want to. Or not.

*Repeating what I said on mainboard.

I umpired an Old Haileyburian's women's game and was surprised when I heard Danny was the coach. Furthermore, it was absolutely heart-warming that he wouldn't stop yelling encouragement to his team in pouring rain all game long. My highlight of the season. Seemed like a warm, lovable personality on screen and that game confirmed it. Thanks for supporting grass roots footy Spud.

Best wishes to his family and friends in a terrible time.

That article a touch of ambulance chasing to me. Lack of sensitivity and care for family and friends
It seems they had this article in draft. Word through the old tin can up here is that his family found out via the media instead of the cops. The local rag reported it earlier this arvo and them edited it not long after to put the life line spiel at the bottom of the article. It seems the media types knew what Spud was going through and they let it play out just to get a story. Scum of the earth.

RIP Spud. Hope you found the light in a very dark place.

Terrible news, spud always seemed like such a great family man.

Condolences to the Frawley family

That article a touch of ambulance chasing to me. Lack of sensitivity and care for family and friends

A touch?! He may as well have just written "look at me getting the suicide story in before everyone else" in capital letters.

Anyway, vale to one of the absolute best ones. An enormous loss.

Why would you write this? Some tweets earlier were bad enough but this is a much more considered choice.

Let the family be. Let them tell a story when and where and if they want to. Or not.
Homer (his real name) is a grub so I'm not surprised by that drivel.

It really puts things into perspective. Any one of us could die tomorrow. It’s a sad reality that we must deal with. Having lost a parent and grand parent within the span of 2 years, I can sympathise with the Frawley children a lot easier. It’s an awful feeling that never truly goes away. My condolences to all the friends and family of Danny. I was too young to witness his playing/coaching career, however I was entertained on numerous occasions by the shenanigans he and Chief Dunstall pulled on TV. I hope that there is some form of comfort/closure for the family, knowing that the entire football community has rallied behind them, to offer their support and condolence through this difficult time. R.I.P Danny Frawley, a true legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back