Vale Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Spud. Condolences to the Frawley family and friends.

Will always remember the antics between Spud, BT, JB, Lyon and Dunstall on MMM before they moved on to other things. You will be missed.

I can see I’m not the only one furious over the article and I hate making this thread about him and not Spud but the campaigner should be walking into Centrelink tomorrow.
That piece of s**t wrote for the Australian before crossing to the age last month.
Was so shocked when I saw his name listed. Had no idea he had moved across but it seems Channel 9 is employing racist now.
Classless, insensitive flog he can * right off too and so can the age. Disgusting

Danny Frawley seemed like such a good guy with a big heart. Condolences to all of Danny Frawley's family and freinds.

It seems they had this article in draft. Word through the old tin can up here is that his family found out via the media instead of the cops. The local rag reported it earlier this arvo and them edited it not long after to put the life line spiel at the bottom of the article. It seems the media types knew what Spud was going through and they let it play out just to get a story. Scum of the earth.

RIP Spud. Hope you found the light in a very dark place.
Actually I was listening to SEN at work (remember I'm 8 hrs behind you guys) I received a message from a mate who knows a few identities in the industry.....about 10 to 15 mins before Craig Hutchinson came on radio about 5 mins into Sam McClure radio time slot.......
Bob Murphy and Andy Maher were working during the time I heard and appeared to be talking/working normally.......if they knew anything they did a professional job hiding their emotions.
They came back on with Sam McClure (after Hutchy's speech) to pay tribute to Spud.

I listened for hours, but there was this undertone that it wasn't an accident.

This is so sad.......
You will be sadly missed Danny Frawley.

I watched 360 and although he didn't come out and say it I think Robbo was intimating the same thing. I am glad he didn't use the word though although my husband is of the belief we should be talking about it to highlight how bad the epidemic is. I am really surprised I haven't seen anything from Wayne Schwass (may have missed it) but I hope he is ok and Gary Lyon, Jason Dunstall and Cam Mooney too all who were very close to Danny. RIP Danny you will be missed

That piece of s**t wrote for the Australian before crossing to the age last month.
Was so shocked when I saw his name listed. Had no idea he had moved across but it seems Channel 9 is employing racist now.
Classless, insensitive flog he can fu** right off too and so can the age. Disgusting
Ricky having a crack

Screenshot_20190910-073224_Twitter.jpg

Horrific news.

As it so raw, I can respect not discussing the circumstances surrounding his death at this time.

However, I disagree with the premise that it can't be discussed or reported in the near future.

Horrific news.

As it so raw, I can respect not discussing the circumstances surrounding his death at this time.

However, I disagree with the premise that it can't be discussed or reported in the near future.

Bit torn on this. The concept of a personally relatable celebrity (ie not your king, queen or ruler) seems a modern and perhaps unnatural one.

With someone like Danny, there's long term involvement from a greater population. We've watched his work and come to know and like at least his public persona.

When a tragedy like this occurs, in no way are we entitled nor should his immediate family and friends have their privacy violated.. but gleaning any further understanding of the situation does in some way complement the grieving process.

It might make it worse depending on how you view things but through broadcast media we are somehow able to 'love' a figure such as Danny then are suddenly cut-off with no further illumination at a time like this. It's understandable but as I said possibly very unnatural from a psychological perspective, ie you get one side of a relationship without the corresponding other.

Horrific news.

I agree that discussion might be warranted but not from homer le grub. He's an insensitive piece of s**t.

Bit torn on this. The concept of a personally relatable celebrity (ie not your king, queen or ruler) seems a modern and perhaps unnatural one.

With someone like Danny, there's long term involvement from a greater population. We've watched his work and come to know and like at least his public persona.

When a tragedy like this occurs, in no way are we entitled nor should his immediate family and friends have their privacy violated.. but gleaning any further understanding of the situation does in some way complement the grieving process.

It might make it worse depending on how you view things but through broadcast media we are somehow able to 'love' a figure such as Danny then are suddenly cut-off with no further illumination at a time like this. It's understandable but as I said possibly very unnatural from a psychological perspective, ie you get one side of a relationship without the corresponding other.

Absolutely.

No one has the right to pry into the life of someone they don't know personally.

I just feel that this subject needs discussing and can't continues to be tiptoed around.

That’s right. When it’s someone everyone feels they know and love, the existence of a real family and close friendship group can get a bit lost. Intellectually we all know open conversations are good. But it’s up to the people intimately affected to decide when and what to share, not an entitled media or public.

It was published 5 hours after the event.

It makes me feel awful to think it, but I can’t help but be suspicious that the story was in some ways already drafted and ready to go.

Didn’t read like a hastily cobbled together piece to me.

Of course public discourse around mental health needs to continue and continue to develop, but that’s not what that article is trying to achieve imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun needs a whack as well. On its website it has a picture of the tree. It's a friggin tree...with tyre marks approaching it. Yes, there are things that the public needs to see and know. But that's just garbage. There are victims here who have to get out of bed every day and learn to live with this and it's bloody hard. Show some respect. Current journalism standards are in the sewer.

The Herald Sun needs a whack as well. On its website it has a picture of the tree. It's a friggin tree...with tyre marks approaching it. Yes, there are things that the public needs to see and know. But that's just garbage. There are victims here who have to get out of bed every day and learn to live with this and it's bloody hard. Show some respect. Current journalism standards are in the sewer.

It's now only about $$$.

Agree with all of the anger / frustration at media who were totally reckless yesterday , but there is something else that totally stinks here ... and that’s how do people think the media found out who was in the car before family were informed ???

Agree with all of the anger / frustration at media who were totally reckless yesterday , but there is something else that totally stinks here ... and that’s how do people think the media found out who was in the car before family were informed ???

The Sun writeup insinuates several bystanders at the scene with news rapidly getting to a nearby funeral Danny's sister was attending.

So the news was potentially all over social media inside an hour.

The Sun writeup insinuates several bystanders at the scene with news rapidly getting to a nearby funeral Danny's sister was attending.

So the news was potentially all over social media inside an hour.
I’m not sure that I buy that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back