Vale David Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember him as a Sunday footy show regular and hotelier. Can't remember which one for sure. Was always well spoken and knowledgeable as a panelist.

Didn't see much of him as a player but he played 133 games for Footscray, 44 for South and 4 for Victoria. Was third in the 1967 Magarey Medal from 11 games.

Captain Coach of South 1972-3 and coach 1974.

He was a regular on the old Footy Shows. Did he also own the Wellington Hotel in North Adelaide?

RIP

I think the pub David Darcy had was the Fountain Inn, which is on Fullarton road opposite the Arkaba.
He was a very good footballer, but more importantly appeared to also be a good bloke.

RIP

Did he also own a pub in the far north of SA? Coober Pedy, or something like that?

He was one of my favourite tv footy commentators when I was growing up.

RIP

Did he also own a pub in the far north of SA? Coober Pedy, or something like that?

He was one of my favourite tv footy commentators when I was growing up.

RIP
Darc owned the Roxbury Downs hotel/motel complex. Had the pleasure of Darc as my first Senior coach at SANFL level. Can assure everyone he was a great person. From memory his first wife passed away when Darc was playing for Footscay and was given the news during the game. Bumped into him one day at docklands when power playing Footscray and he was sitting with Charlie Sutton.By then he had a pub in Richmond. Very sad when I was told of his passing...RIP Darc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back