Vale Dean K (Deaneus) :Who's seen the movie Empire Records?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not overly fussed if the likes of Sanders or his minions accept this or not, but I’d like to take this opportunity to express my sincere condolences to Deaneus!

I’m not looking for forgiveness as I’ve moved on, but deaneus played an important part of the development of this board.

I am extremely sorry for any rubbish and horrible things I’ve been involved in. I, at no time did I intend on hurting anyone. I guess I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. Please don’t rehash anyone nonsense as this isn’t about me, I’m extremely sorry and hope you find happiness your final moments.

God bless you. 🙏🙏

Who can ever forget the infamous SACK TRIGG sign?

Definitely one of my favourite Bigfooty memories and something that I will never forget.

Your wit and sarcasm are unmatched, thanks for making this board so enjoyable over the years and all the moderating assistance and advice.

A true Bigfooty legend, this place won't be the same without you.

I also thought it would be the shortest moderator stint ever. Since @arrowman anyway.
Wait - I was a mod?!!?! Must have missed the email.

...I can't really say anything that hasn't been said above. Deaneus is one of those forum people that you just know would be great company IRL. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

I joined this board 15 years ago, as a bright eyed bushy teen and now I am in my mid 30's. Posters have come and gone but no one has bought more to this little community than Deaneus. He's always been highly respected no matter which side he takes, there will be a massive gaping hole when he eventually leaves.

It's been a pleasure to read everything you've ever written here.

For all the usually petty arguments and trolling that occurs, it’s moments like this that unify little communities like BF and help us look past our differences.
Thanks Deaneus especially from those of us you’ve never banned. If it’s any consolation you won’t be forgotten

I always loved reading a good Deaneus! post. They were funny and insightful.

This is my favorite work of his. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...e-off-adventure-adelaide-vs-brisbane.1159237/

Its creatively brilliant, technically challenging and skillfully executed.

Deanus also gave me my first warning,
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.35.26 am.png

I was trolling some blues supporters over Gibbs. Sheepishly I apologised and said that I thought that I was funny. He assured me that I was, and told me to stop. A firm fair hand. He was a terrible drafter, but always approachable.

Farewell King.

Last edited:
When I think of Deaneus it is his unique humour that I find entertaining
I loved his campaign to be a mod and he has done a great job

Alas I have only received one infraction on BF and the day off and thread ban courtesy of the man. I posted something stupid in the Rumours No Discussion thread. I tried to plead my innocence but to no avail.

Deaneus has been a great support to me on my Mods journey. I will miss him dearly

I always loved reading a good Deaneus! post. They were funny and insightful.

This is my favorite work of his. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...e-off-adventure-adelaide-vs-brisbane.1159237/

Its creatively brilliant, technically challenging and skillfully executed.

Deanus gave me my first warning,
View attachment 1297104

I was trolling some blues supporters over Gibbs. Sheepishly I apologised and said that I thought that I was funny. He assure me that I was, and told me to stop. A firm fair hand. He was a terrible drafter, but always approachable.

Farewell King.

Deaneus warned me when I called marty a *head during the Doedee saga. Agreed he was a *head but said I shouldn't call him a *head

(I stand by my comments that he was a *head)

I had to have a look to see if I had ever been banned by Deanus and was a little overjoyed to find a warning from him in my messages, just to be careful - I stand by my call that Elemis umpiring was atrocious [although my description of her was clouded by many Pacific ales}. Horribly sad to hear this news and made even stranger that we "know" you but don't know you - love to you and your family and loved ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deaneus warned me when I called marty a fu**head during the Doedee saga. Agreed he was a fu**head but said I shouldn't call him a fu**head

(I stand by my comments that he was a fu**head)
Yeah I copped a few warnings from Deaneus that were exactly like that. I also remember him telling me how disappointed he was with me when he noticed I'd been here ages and never copped a ban. :D

I lurk just to keep track of how he’s going even though I barely contribute anymore, so that’s a fair measure of what the man means.

I was fortunate enough to spend grand final eve in person with the man. Nobody else I would rather get off guts with and wind up at a goth bar in Melbourne at 0400 in the morning with. It’s one of the best nights and the anticipation of what the next day held was absolutely electrifying.

We had every intention of kicking on Saturday night until Richmond stepped in and we s**t the bed. He decided to rage drive back to Adelaide immediately after the game (frankly I didn’t blame him) and that was where we said our goodbyes.

Wonderful, kind, generous and awesome human being.

geez, wasn't expecting that.

I am very much a floater on here, and don't really pick up on the 'personalities' of posters, so I can't give too much of a tribute to Deaneus.

what I will say though, is that it is often difficult to be mindful that we are posting amongst real people. People with feelings, with families, with a life outside BF (yes, i'm sure even those who manage to read every single post :O )
This news certainly brings that fact to the forefront.

As a fellow passionate crows fan, Deaneus! I wish you and your family all the best, and hope that there are some truly happy moments during this part of your journey.

There are only a handful of posters whose usernames I will always recognise, remember, and associate with BigFooty. 'Deaneus!' is definitely one.

I won't make any assumptions as to what health issues Deaneus has been battling, but I think it's always fitting to remind everyone on here, men, women, young, old, to see their doctor regularly, and not discount any small signs of what might be a potentially serious health issue.

I really don't know what else to say. This is a position I simply can not, and don't want to imagine myself or any loved ones in :(

Deaneus! is a genius. Brought a rare degree of wit and intelligence to this place, always with astute and entertaining observations. The most dreary back and forths generally lightened up after his interventions.

Delighted to hear from those that know you in real life that you are every bit the bloke you have been on here. It's been to our benefit for sure. Best wishes.

Just hoping you can still enjoy a ice cream fix Deanus and although dont personally know you ,I understand what you, your family and close friends going through as a friends time of fighting the big C is coming to a end as well.

Deaneus is just the best. A bloke who doesn't rely on insulting David Mackay for likes. I think he made the best Adelaide board thread ever with the Choose Your Own Adventure. So generous and creative.

I also sometimes crack up thinking about how he took the piss out of Smart for cracking on to 'Just Right' NatarshaAU, the hot gamer girl, over twitter a couple of years back.

Best wishes to the great man, and thanks.

Deaneus warned me when I called marty a fu**head during the Doedee saga. Agreed he was a fu**head but said I shouldn't call him a fu**head

(I stand by my comments that he was a fu**head)

There must be time for one more ban. This bloke just called marty a *head again and I'm pretty sure he's been warned about this before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back