Vale Dean K (Deaneus) :Who's seen the movie Empire Records?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t know how to say your name.

Dean-us
De-ay-nee-us

Both look like options…

But for some reason in my head it’s Day-nus???

Thanks for the passion and great sense of ‘umour.

You will be missed.

Actually if you want to tee off on him about how he has wronged you in the past that would be fine too.
Thought I would take a pot shot at him.

I posted a gif on here once and he tried to ban me.

DesertedDependableIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif

I didnt know he was from NZ. :$ :D

You will always be on this board as far as I am concerned, watching over us always.

We Fly As One. :thumbsu:

Love you Dean, as I've mentioned previously, Dean was the first guy I drank a beer with and I've been a more open, social guy who's more willing to take a risk in life since that day.

It's been awesome catching up at the cricket, footy or the pub talking random crap and just having a good time. All the best with this next fight legend. You've been an awesome friend and the way you have approached this has been an inspiration for everyone. Courageous and with a sense of humour which is incredible.

Great thread of universal love for our moderator, someone who even if we have never met but feel we know him as a genuine mate.

When you have a combination of high IQ & wit, your posts have are never to be missed as they are going to make me think &/or smile. Even better is you never lost this when you became a moderator & just made it part of your style, along with fairness of managing this board.

I don't have any moderator warnings... but probably because you get away with a bit more as an ex (though a certain Blues moderator got a little touchie over the Gibbs saga).

Thanks for making our BF board a better place & you will be sorely missed.

Not today… not on Rex Manning day.

One of my absolute favorites on here - and the legend arguably single handedly responsible for sacking Trigg.

Best wishes to you and your family mate; life can be so unfair and cruel, the only consolidation is a life well lived, even if short, and I’m certain you’ve had that.

On behalf of A Few Good Men, Jack is Back and myself, our one great regret is never getting banned by the GREAT MAN.

Is it too late to declare that Marty is a ****head?

I was fortunate enough to be sitting nearby when he unfurled the Trigg banner. This board and life in general will never feel quite the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not overly fussed if the likes of Sanders or his minions accept this or not, but I’d like to take this opportunity to express my sincere condolences to Deaneus!

I’m not looking for forgiveness as I’ve moved on, but deaneus played an important part of the development of this board.

I am extremely sorry for any rubbish and horrible things I’ve been involved in. I, at no time did I intend on hurting anyone. I guess I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. Please don’t rehash anyone nonsense as this isn’t about me, I’m extremely sorry and hope you find happiness your final moments.

God bless you. 🙏🙏

I have minions? 😅

Apology noted, and welcomed. I hope this is a lesson on why this isn’t a matter to be messed with 👍

Life isn’t fair. No one ever said it was or would be. This is another reminder

I thought he was winning, and truly sorry to hear that he’s not.

about 8 weeks ago I came within a flip of the coin of shuffling off the mortal coil myself. Safe to say I now have a very real appreciation of how fleeting it all is, and how much of a hole will no doubt be left behind in the hearts of all those who loved him.

that said the kiwi, sheep-shagging *er did entirely unfairly ban me in that dispute with adelaidecrows (the one referenced earlier) - whilst I was in intensive care!! 😈😈😈

so Deaneus! may the sheep in the sky have rough and unwelcoming wool on their backs! 🤣🤣🤣

All the best in this life and the next

Last edited:
The sadness is tempered by the smiling

If you cant tell if they are tears of sadness or happiness - then you have done your job in finding a place in someones heart

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Knowing which was which is a skill few mods have - thank you for understanding the passion in all of us

If you want to know the kind of character and person Deaneus really is, then look no further.

Despite him fighting one of life's toughest challenges, he took time to communicate with me privately on Bigfooty when I had gone MIA for a few months back earlier this year.

Instead of focusing on himself, his family or his close friends, he took the time to check up on an anonymous poster on here.

Thank you it actually did mean something to me, I hope this kindness on your part is repaid ten fold, if not to you then to the people you love and cherish.

Last edited:
Feel like I've missed out by never having fallen under the banhammer myself, now.

As a fairly regular visitor here, I feel like I should say something. While I'm not usually short of something stupid to say, this kind of situation I am hopelessly unequipped to deal with or talk about, so I don't know what to say. Except that this sucks. That fact that this happens to Deaneus while Kurt Tippett is still walking around is all the evidence you need that God either doesn't exist or is a ****.

Woah. I can't belive this is a real thing that's actually happening. I was really hoping this was some Alex_is_on_fire madcap hoax.
Like a lot of people have already said, Deaneus seemed like a great dude and someone who'd be fun to hang out with.
Gonna be really missed.
Even made me break out the old giffing machine which had been collecting dust.

Woah. I can't belive this is a real thing that's actually happening. I was really hoping this was some Alex_is_on_fire madcap hoax.
Like a lot of people have already said, Deaneus seemed like a great dude and someone who'd be fun to hang out with.
Gonna be really missed.
Even made me break out the old giffing machine which had been collecting dust.

He IS still all of those things!

There are a few people on this board who I've always thought would be interesting to know in person. The reasons vary, some because they're funny, some insightful, some great footy knowledge. Deanus is one of the few who qualifies in each of those categories.

It's a measure of the humanity of this platform that I can genuinely feel sadness about this news about someone I've never met, yet here we are.

I hope you go out with a bang mate, and my best wishes to your family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back