Vale Dean K (Deaneus) :Who's seen the movie Empire Records?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to know the kind of character and person Deaneus really is, then look no further.

Despite him fighting one of life's toughest challenges, he took time to communicate with me privately on Bigfooty when I had gone MIA for a few months back earlier this year.

Instead of focusing on himself, his family or his close friends, he took the time to check up on an anonymous poster on here.

Thank you it actually did mean something to me, I hope this kindness on your part is repaid ten fold, if not to you then to the people you love and cherish.
He did similar with me.

I first came across him on the SRP board and, once he said he was so ill, I've been sending him a few PMs just to say hello, tell him I care and that I am thinking of him.

He'd reply and, I dropped in one of my messages that I am not doing too well myself in various areas, and his response was to let him know if he could help in any way.

That, and his attitude towards his illness, really gave me insight into the wonderful person he is.

Last edited:
Hey bro (yeah I am a fellow Kiwi - dual citizenship....triple in fact! Do the haka before the All black games and support the Black caps as well as Manawatu/Central Districts).

Life sucks at times, and I don't claim to have all of the answers, but thought I would share the belief that I live and die by and that gives me a sure hope and my life meaning.

I, like all of humanity, are totally undeserving. Look at what we do to each other and this beautiful creation! I shudder when I look back at aspects of my life!

As Christmas approaches I am reminded anew of the incarnate God, the suffering God, the God who comes to be with us. The God of humility, shame, rejection, condemnation, the cross. Voluntarily! The crucified God 'for us and for our salvation'. Because of him I dare to believe 'in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting'.

I leave you with a poem written soon after that incredibly cruel and abysmal chapter in our relatively recent history, WW1, by Edward Shilito. It is called 'Jesus of the scars'

If we have never sought, we seek Thee now;
Thine eyes burn through the dark, our only stars;
We must have sight of thorn-pricks on Thy brow,
We must have Thee, O Jesus of the Scars.

The heavens frighten us; they are too calm;
In all the universe we have no place.
Our wounds are hurting us; where is the balm?
Lord Jesus, by Thy Scars, we claim Thy grace.

If, when the doors are shut, Thou drawest near,
Only reveal those hands, that side of Thine;
We know to-day what wounds are, have no fear,
Show us Thy Scars, we know the countersign.

The other gods were strong; but Thou wast weak;
They rode, but Thou didst stumble to a throne;
But to our wounds only God’s wounds can speak,
And not a god has wounds, but Thou alone.

Last edited:

I knew Dean before BigFooty and figured out his identity here due to his writing style and I got his old work computer when I joined the place we worked at. The C drive had Primus albums in it.

A great guy.

And yes, I did listen to the music on the C drive often. In an era before streaming, it was a great discovery.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Instead of infractions and bans, future Adelaide board miscreants will be struck down by a bolt of lightning as deaneus continues his reign of terror from above.

The board will be a lesser place without him.

I first met Deano about a decade ago at his holiday house, did some work for him.
I was struck by how attractive a man he was, took a photo of him at the time.

Ever since I found out his background, I always envisaged he looked like this when he banned posters on here. :$

finger-bowden.gif

I wasn't going to post on this board again, but letting this one go through unremarked felt wrong so here I am.

Deaneus is and was, unambiguously, one of the good ones. Wit, intelligence, and integrity: you've had them all in spades.

Obviously I feel for your loved ones, and for you in what you're going through, but I don't think there's much I can add to what others have said there. Those things are more important than football, but the thing that has always connected us all on this board is the football club, so I'll focus my comments there. You were, in every respect, a true son of our club- the sort of person every club would be better off from having involved. There were times when the responsibility of a true club person was to stand against what was happening, and you were willing to do that, unflinchingly and at some personal risk- I remember there were whispers going around of defamation and this or that for holding signs at games. That took courage. Our club owes you a debt, in my view, as all organisations do to people who try to make them stronger.

And yet, despite the obvious factional divide amongst supporters- you managed to maintain being on the right side of history with being universally liked and respected- a feat very few of us could ever manage, it certainly eludes me. I think that's a commentary on your earnestness, your obvious dignity, and your strength of character. You were impossible not to respect, and like. You never took cheap shots, and you never really let your temper get the best of you.

I was lucky enough to spend a night on the hill with you and Roostalad once upon a time (there's a blast from the past). That was a long time ago, and I was a pretty different sort, but I'm glad I was able to meet you.

You will be missed, and your loss will be felt. Rest well, true son of the AFC. If we ever reach that pinnacle again, and the premiership cup gets lifted by a Crow, I hope you'll be looking on from whatever plane you've reached and know that it will only be because of people like you.

I wasn't going to post on this board again, but letting this one go through unremarked felt wrong so here I am.

Deaneus is and was, unambiguously, one of the good ones. Wit, intelligence, and integrity: you've had them all in spades.

Obviously I feel for your loved ones, and for you in what you're going through, but I don't think there's much I can add to what others have said there. Those things are more important than football, but the thing that has always connected us all on this board is the football club, so I'll focus my comments there. You were, in every respect, a true son of our club- the sort of person every club would be better off from having involved. There were times when the responsibility of a true club person was to stand against what was happening, and you were willing to do that, unflinchingly and at some personal risk- I remember there were whispers going around of defamation and this or that for holding signs at games. That took courage. Our club owes you a debt, in my view, as all organisations do to people who try to make them stronger.

And yet, despite the obvious factional divide amongst supporters- you managed to maintain being on the right side of history with being universally liked and respected- a feat very few of us could ever manage, it certainly eludes me. I think that's a commentary on your earnestness, your obvious dignity, and your strength of character. You were impossible not to respect, and like. You never took cheap shots, and you never really let your temper get the best of you.

I was lucky enough to spend a night on the hill with you and Roostalad once upon a time (there's a blast from the past). That was a long time ago, and I was a pretty different sort, but I'm glad I was able to meet you.

You will be missed, and your loss will be felt. Rest well, true son of the AFC. If we ever reach that pinnacle again, and the premiership cup gets lifted by a Crow, I hope you'll be looking on from whatever plane you've reached and know that it will only be because of people like you.

Very eloquently put 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lurk just to keep track of how he’s going even though I barely contribute anymore, so that’s a fair measure of what the man means.

I was fortunate enough to spend grand final eve in person with the man. Nobody else I would rather get off guts with and wind up at a goth bar in Melbourne at 0400 in the morning with. It’s one of the best nights and the anticipation of what the next day held was absolutely electrifying.

We had every intention of kicking on Saturday night until Richmond stepped in and we sh*t the bed. He decided to rage drive back to Adelaide immediately after the game (frankly I didn’t blame him) and that was where we said our goodbyes.

Wonderful, kind, generous and awesome human being.

What a great night at beer deluxe it was!

He's a rare breed in that becoming a mod didn't negatively affect his posting quality or style. The ongoing battle between him and Spackler to be the "funny mod" was a sight to behold.

He also had a number of run-ins with my late brother (who was a Port supporter and who posted on both this and the politics board), which was good because it saved me from having to fight him.

To be (as far as I know) the only poster on here threatened with legal action by Trigg is the stuff of legends.

Thanks for everything Deaneus!

He's a rare breed in that becoming a mod didn't negatively affect his posting quality or style. The ongoing battle between him and Spackler to be the "funny mod" was a sight to behold.

He also had a number of run-ins with my late brother (who was a Port supporter and who posted on both this and the politics board), which was good because it saved me from having to fight him.

To be (as far as I know) the only poster on here threatened with legal action by Trigg is the stuff of legends.

Thanks for everything Deaneus!

tribey?

Hi Everyone, Just an update on Deano for you all.

No he has not passed away yet, but in his words 'is struggling a bit'. Caught up with him last night and he was happy for me to share pictures of him and a few friends at the first day of the test last week. It was a monumental effort to get to the game, but a gift that I and others will never forget.

A few of you may have seen these on FB if you are connected with him, if not enjoy! (He is the one that looks like a pirate).

Please keep your comments light and fun, this is a delicate time for all involved, except Dean who still has the best sense of humour.

265005060_1106611386816249_2182315207389729037_n (1).jpg 263112286_642973987058654_7291029948185829081_n.jpg IMG_1618..jpg 263407231_1512882769086487_6626740067466942741_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Just an update on Deano for you all.

No he has not passed away yet, but in his words 'is struggling a bit'. Caught up with him last night and he was happy for me to share pictures of him and a few friends at the first day of the test last week. It was a monumental effort to get to the game, but a gift that I and others will never forget.

A few of you may have seen these on FB if you are connected with him, if not enjoy! (He is the one that looks like a pirate).

Please keep your comments light and fun, this is a delicate time for all involved, except Dean who still has the best sense of humour.

View attachment 1301274View attachment 1301275View attachment 1301276View attachment 1301277

On the behalf of those that are not connected to him on FB, Thank you, it made my day and lovely to put a face to Deaneus and to see him watching a game of cricket with loved ones. :thumbsu:

FYI, I picked him out of the group a mile away, that vintage NZ top is from back in the day, stands out very clearly!

On the behalf of those that are not connected to him on FB, Thank you, it made my day and lovely to put a face to Deaneus and to see him watching a game of cricket with loved ones. :thumbsu:

FYI, I picked him out of the group a mile away, that vintage NZ top is from back in the day, stands out very clearly!
2015 world cup final day. Another bad day to wear it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 245

Remove this Banner Ad

Back