Vale Dean K (Deaneus) :Who's seen the movie Empire Records?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean, you’ve been someone I admire since joining BF. You’ve voiced opinions aplenty and able to accept differing opinions of others, which is all anyone can ask of a Mod. With what has transpired in the recent months, and the humility and selflessness that you’ve shown, I only have more respect for you as a person.

Fun fact: you’re the only Mod on BF who has banned me (for a day or so). That has never deterred me from loving you (in a platonic way).

You will definitely be missed by most here and undoubtedly irreplaceable. May your remaining journey be full of merry and peace!

I don’t think he’d mind me sharing this.

Earlier this year we were PMing about his treatment.

By that stage he only had use of one arm — he was actually typing one-handed.

At one point I sad-faced one of his posts, and he responded with:

”Don’t be sad. Be happy someone as ******* cool as me was unleashed upon the world.”

Brilliance. Truth. Perspective. It stayed with me.

Deaneus! you will be missed immensely, but never forgotten.

Not a poster but as a reader i thought i'd say that your posts were interesting to read and your engaging nature is easy to like.

A highlight i would say was getting an unsolicited text message/threat from the steven trigg if i remember right, which kinda got mentioned here with the banner, one of those 'only on bigfooty' moments. :)

Congrats with everything and all the best of course.

Took a while for me to want to post on this thread but he made such an impression on this board he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

You've fought a bloody good fight mate, and you've done so with your typical sense of humour. I'm sure you have had your moments over these times but you never let it bring the mood down.

Oh, and you're still the only mod to give me an infraction.

Cheers mate.

When I first joined this board in 2017.. a week or two after what was the disaster of the 2017 GF.. deaneus was one of the first posters I sort of felt like held similar views to me when it came to both footy and life in general… his avatar at the time, a gif of what i think looked like a bloke pushing a mouse around on a table, also intruiged me somewhat. Funny how small things like that stay with you.

over the years since I’ve always enjoyed his posts and his clearly awesome sense of humour.. and yep, like others, he’s had to send me a couple of PM’s here and there asking me to tone it down as I can get a bit blunt, and yeah, possibly offensive to others some times.. sorry slippery pete…

I’ll miss your posts bigfella and will definitely have a beer or three in your honour when the news we have all been dreading does eventually trickle through. Actually, i’ll be drinking those beers regardless but I’ll “cheers” the first few towards the sky in your honour!.. hows that sound?..

bigfooty and the crows board wont be the same without you but us poor bastard crows supporters will continue on supporting the team, whinging and moaning when the chips are down and celebrating the small wins in the hope they eventually lead to another flag.

and we’ll all do it with a smile on our faces knowing we’ve been blessed to have shared some of the journey along the way with a truely great bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go well mate, it has been a pleasure being (occasionally) warned to reign it in by you over the years. You have left a lasting impression on a lot of people who you never met in real life and those interactions will be remembered long after any of us stop posting on this site. I count myself lucky to have skirted the banhammer on a few occasions even though you deleted a large number of my posts and I probably deserved to cop one somewhere along the way, so thank you for that. Your presence on this forum is missed already.

Don't check-in much on here during the offseason and I don't really have to add to the lovely words already posted by many others.

I will simply say that Deaneus! is an absolute legend and will be sorely missed by all who know him.

And that anyone who so easily rocks an eyepatch is way too cool to be posting on BigFooty with a bunch of nerds like the rest of us anyway.

Last edited:
Haven't been terribly active for the past couple years around here so I've missed the sad updates about you Dean. I've had a couple of chats with ya across the years and a better bloke you will not find.

I hope your remaining time is peaceful and filled with love mate. You're gonna be missed in the wider crows community, and certainly around here

I like to think you played a hand in getting rid of Trigg ♥️

Hi guys, I have just seen a post on Facebook from Dean's wife to say he passed away on Sunday with her by his side.

Thanks for all the memories legend, you'll be missed by so many who met you, and so many on here who respected you and loved the banter.

Rip mate

Thanks for that, Hank.

Haven't seen you for a while (other than an occasional post on the socials), and it's a shame that such a sad event has brought you back.

That being said, thanks for returning to let everyone know.

Dean, mate - you'll be missed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back