Vale Diego Maradona 1960-2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels kind of surreal given how many false alarms there have been about this in the past...Devastating to know that this it though.

One of, if not the greatest player to have ever played this beautiful game. Just a phenomenal talent who gave joy to millions.

I recently saw the 2019 Asif Kapadia directed documentary on Maradona and would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet seen it.

Also, if you've never actually seen much of Maradona play then don't rely on youtube highlights, do yourself a favour and track down some old match replays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Diego. I was a real casual football fan back in the day. Watched only Socceroo matches and still remember being wowed by Diego playing Australia in Australia well well past his prime. Sad day for all Football fans.

One of the great goals against England in that World Cup and the other where he ran nearly length of the pitch past six England players wasn’t bad either.

What a player, remember watching Serie A one hour weekly highlights on Sunday mornings on SBS when he was at Napoli and watching his magic

The ultimate flawed genius. If any of you haven't I urge you to watch any of the docos about his time at Napoli. Chose a poor working class club over the giants of the north and won them the title virtually off his own boot. Did it while being a party animal. Also, amazing how he survived all the Serie A defenders trying to chop him in half!!

The ultimate flawed genius. If any of you haven't I urge you to watch any of the docos about his time at Napoli. Chose a poor working class club over the giants of the north and won them the title virtually off his own boot. Did it while being a party animal. Also, amazing how he survived all the Serie A defenders trying to chop him in half!!

Yeah the bio-pic movie on Amazon which is fairly recent (came out in 2019) was amazing.

Will certainly be watching it again sometime on the weekend

The best ever. Only Leo comes close. The way he changed his technique to ride the tackles in Serie A was amazing. His personal life was totally crazy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back