Vale Father Bob

Remove this Banner Ad

Staunch Piesman.
Embodied what religion is supposed to be about.
If there's a God he's drinking with it now, singing Good Ol Collingwood forever.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Staunch Piesman.
Embodied what religion is supposed to be about.
If there's a God he's drinking with it now, singing Good Ol Collingwood forever.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly

Post the unveiling of systematic cover up of child abuse

Fr Bob was what the Catholic Church in Melbourne rejected but actually desperately needed…. a straight shooter… offering no excuses… repentant…

Unlike the church hierarchy… Bob was an everyday man and a champion of the everyday people

Because of this, because his existence challenged the church. Because he wasn’t just a ‘company man’… the church moved him on as soon as they could when he reached official retirement age

I hope Collingwood fully acknowledge his passing and the charity work he did around inner Melbourne

Last edited:
Exactly

Post the unveiling of systematic cover up of child abuse

Fr Bob was what the Catholic Church in Melbourne rejected but actually desperately needed…. a straight shooter… offering no excuses… repentant…

Unlike the church hierarchy… Bob was an everyday man and a champion of the everyday people

Because of this, because his existence challenged the church. Because he wasn’t just a ‘company man’… the church moved him on as soon as they could when he reached official retirement age

I hope Collingwood fully acknowledge his passing and the charity work he did around inner Melbourne

Hopefully banner and black armbands

I wouldn’t be holding my breath when it comes to these virtue signalling fake morons! RIP Father Bob! A good man!!

One of the finest people I've ever met. We never agreed about religion (well Catholicism at least, the Pies were his other religion) but he made you a better person just being in his presence. Selfless, brave and unerringly honest.

The Pies better put on a good show for this bloke on Tuesday.

Really sad news.As others have said he was a special kind of man who devoted his life to supporting his community,the poor,the homeless,and anyone who needed a helping hand.His life is certainly one that is worth celebrating,because people like that don’t come along very often.

RIP Father Bob,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember going to see Fr Bob to marry me.
It was a June wedding.
He had 2 requests only.
1. If we elected to include communion, it was to be available to everyone, regardless of religion and sexual preference.
2. It was not on Monday of the Queens Bday long weekend because he would be watching Collingwood v Melbourne.

An incredible human being and a one eyed Collingwood fanatic that devoted his life to serving those that society threw on the scrapheap. His church was packed to the brim every mass, and no wonder. He brought out the best in everyone and he made you piss yourself laughing while doing it.

He deserves a proper send off by the club on Anzac Day. 90,000 people paying tribute to one of the greatest Australians of recent times would be fitting.

If there were more like Father Bob in the church, it may have relevance in the 21st century.
Outspoken about the flaws in the church, and how they could be rectified. Ostracised for those views.
But never backed down.
True to his beliefs, true to his love of Collingwood.
A caller was on ABC radio the day he died relating her story about Bob. She rang him to ask he present at a debutante ball. He said he would have to check his calendar. She retorted that she had checked the AFL fixture and Collingwood were not playing that day.
He accepted the commission immediately!
One in a million.
RIP Bob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back