News Vale - Frank "Bluey" Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

One of our greatest has sadly passed away. Frank "Bluey" Adams. One of the stalwarts of our grandest era. Played in 8 Grand Finals for 6 premierships. If the sacking of Norm Smith had of been completed he was to become our next Coach. R.I.P "Bluey" a true legend. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

One of our greatest has sadly passed away. Frank "Bluey" Adams. One of the stalwarts of our grandest era. Played in 8 Grand Finals for 6 premierships. If the sacking of Norm Smith had of been completed he was to become our next Coach. R.I.P "Bluey" a true legend. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
An absolute gentleman and had a ripping sense of humour, lucky enough to have crossed paths with him a few times for chat.

Rip Bluey.

That article was a great read and would also recommend the Red Fox to anyone. Bluey Adams and all of those blokes from the 50’s & 60’s are rightly revered by the club. RIP.
The Red Fox is a ripper book. My partner was on at me to read it for years. I didn’t get around to it for ages because while I like sport, I find the vast majority of sport biographies pretty terrible. But this one is a great read and some amazing stories. Also it’s slightly surreal to read about a Melbourne team that are ruthless, feared, dominant and an absolute powerhouse. Almost a sci-fi experience for me.

The Red Fox is a ripper book. My partner was on at me to read it for years. I didn’t get around to it for ages because while I like sport, I find the vast majority of sport biographies pretty terrible. But this one is a great read and some amazing stories. Also it’s slightly surreal to read about a Melbourne team that are ruthless, feared, dominant and an absolute powerhouse. Almost a sci-fi experience for me.
Same. Took me a while to get round to it but couldn’t put it down once I did. It held some extra significance for me given that I grew up in the northern suburbs and was familiar with a lot of the places albeit between 50-90 years later.

Also loved finding out more about Smith and the personalities in his teams. He could be such a cruel ogre and then a great clubman and fatherly figure off the field. Because his coaching legacy was so huge, it kind of superseded the fact that Norm was probably our greatest full forward. I kind of get the shits when people talk about the Norm Smith curse, he never cursed us, he was Melbourne through and through, he made us relevant by setting such a huge benchmark.

R.I.P a great man new Frank very well he was a very kind and thoughtful person saw him regular at a hotel where he have lunch with a few former players from his era I am richer for knowing the bloke even though i don't follow melbourne as i follow collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Franks send off yesterday lot of former players from his era bit disappointed that no current players from today list there Gary Pert was there but i feel there should of been a least a couple of present player there as he played in there last premiership There was i person who contact me about a certain player with a beard sitting at the table in the hotel where they have lunch that person is Bryan Kennely might be wrong spelling if you want know more having lunch there this friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back