News Vale Frank Costa

Remove this Banner Ad

So sad. The partner of an old colleague of mine used to run a restaurant at Aireys Inlet. Frank and Shirley were regulars and would always leave huge tips, and were apparently the nicest customers you could imagine.

Of course, his contribution to our on field success from 2007 onwards was as significant as anyone else.

Vale Frank.

Strong, humble, leadership.

On the one hand he didn't feel the need to constantly be on the TV blowing his own trumpet, on the other was a man who in another life was strong enough to stand up to organised crime.

A great model for leadership - has there been a better pairing in the AFL than Cook and Costa?

We a lot of joy from the last couple of decades to this man's vision, leadership and hard work.

Quite simply, if it wasn't for Frank and Brian Cook, the team we all know and love would've most likely gone the way of Fitzroy 20 years ago.

Thank you for everything you have done for the club, and the community as a whole.

Condolences to the Costa family.

RIP Frank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard the news shocked and saddened 😞 The Geelong Football club probably wouldn’t exist today without him. His lasting smile after the 2007 premiership is how i’ll remember him.

R.I.P

6d7cb5fa289b2e913b9830c527443787

In deep with the fans. Gotta love it.

Not only one of the best club presidents the Cat's has ever had (if not the best), but he was a stalwart of the Geelong community in general and did a lot for the people and the city he loved. Not to mention the times he helped the GFC financially over the years. RIP Frank Costa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back