Movie Vale Gene Wilder

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

1HWQIPa.gif

tumblr_ms2sukQuYp1sezoa7o1_250.gif
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were to list my ten most favourite comedy movies of all time, Gene Wilder would star in four of them. The man was brilliant.

he had this knack of using his face and a smirk to tell the joke. uncanny. didnt rely on swearing to get a joke across, clever.

i hadn't thought about a top 10 comedy list until you mentioned it. might take me a while to come up with one. but for sure, wilder would comprise 4 if not more now.

I can't claim to be an old fan, I've not seen much of anything besides Willy wonka.

But every time I visited a cousin of mine, we would alternate between watching willy wonka and grease. I've honestly probably seen willy wonka close to 100 times, and I still love it as much today as I did when I was 8 years old.

This death really hit me right in the gut. He was such a big part of my childhood. Also hearing how he wanted to keep his Alzheimers a secret so those who saw him as willy wonka wouldn't be sad..

More keen to go see some of his other work now.

Watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Monday night for the first time in decades, to learn 'Pure Imagination' for my choir. I didn't know Gene had passed away. Odd feeling. And I didn't really remember that Wonka had a 'dark' side. What a huge talent Gene was to portray so many moods at the same time. Loved him in The Producers as well. RIP Gene, one of the greatest comic actors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back