Vale John Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Rip Big Jack.

Deepest sympathy to Tom and The Elliott family.

A colorful and certainly controversial and flawed figure, bur one whose heart (for better or worse) always truly beat Navy Blue.

Will always fondly remembered his speech in the locker room. after we beat Essendon in the 1999 Prelim Final.

Sad day for our football club.

RIP

Even though he was a polarising figure, he own takes of things were, well... interesting.

What did he actually die of? I didn't know he was ill.
took a bad fall a couple of weeks ago - older people often struggle to come back from accidents like that...........

Would have loved to be at a presidents lunch back in his day.

Loved the obnoxious and outspoken way he ran the club, what a great Carlton man.

RIP Jack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quote attributed to him about a pigs nether regions was never said by John.

It came about by the Sketch Comedy show Fast Forward back in the late 80’s and Steve Vizard who impersonated John Elliott - and used that quote in his skits, unfortunately it stuck and was incorrectly attributed to John Elliott.

I think moderators out of respect should delete the references to that quote in the above posts.

RIP Big Jack. Remember many times him doing the dash through the members with a cigarette in hand 5 mins before first bounce at PP….no doubt after deleting about 12 beers at the presidents lunch

Pigs arse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He always had time to chat with the fans and members, remember coming across him a few times over the years at half time smoko break at Prince's Park and Docklands, managed to get him to laugh a couple of times when I took pot shots at Essendon (whom he really disliked as we all do)

Can never imagine the likes of stuck up Presidenr snobs like Kennett doing the same wit their supporters.

Definitley was a one of a kind bloke.

Done a huge amount of work for Carlton and took on anyone who dared to stand in our way to make us a powerhouse, successful club.

Didn’t always do things the right way and rubbed many opposition clubs & the league up the wrong way often but you could never question his passion and love for the Blues.

RIP Big Jack 👍

RIP Jack... :'(
Thank you for all the good you did for the club...

Club can now finally move on from the bad.. Under a new Sayers, Cook & Voss era...

Kind of eerie that he passed away on the day Voss was named coach, must mean we are in great hands...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back