Vale John Elliott

Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Lived in Melbourne in the 80s and shared a house with someone who knew Elliott in his Elder's days and spoke highly of him. She even thought he could be PM. Whilst I had a slightly different view, was taken by her passion for Jack. No one can doubt John Elliott's passion for CFC.
My condolences to all the family.

Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Lived in Melbourne in the 80s and shared a house with someone who knew Elliott in his Elder's days and spoke highly of him. She even thought he could be PM. Whilst I had a slightly different view, was taken by her passion for Jack. No one can doubt John Elliott's passion for CFC.
My condolences to all the family.

A lot of people thought he could be PM - I was just a kid but I remember people saying it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1632396742314.png

Who's that with Jack?

reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
I don’t remember our last premiership - I was too young. I’m thankful to have a mother who spoke/ speaks very highly of this man and so I appreciate what he did for our club, albeit that certain scandal.

Put that aside, he was amazing for our club. Love our club. He was Carlton.

“Pigs arse”

Rest In Peace, John.
A GREAT Carlton man.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eddie McGuire & Jeff Kennett paying lovely tribute to their time with John Elliott on 3aw

Eddie crediting Jack with putting a rocket up the broke VFL , which led to the formation of the AFL , as he was talking of creating a break away league.

Jeff credit Jacks help with 1992 election Liberal win

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Without trying to sound disrespectful, this looks like a massive omen!
On the day Voss is appointed coach, Big Jack passes away.
Almost symbolizes the death of the 'old Carlton' and the beginning of the new.

RIP John Elliot
Whilst he was a polarising President, there was no doubt his heart was True Blue.

Cyrilyouchampion

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My old man was a "classmate" of Big Jack at Carey Grammar. Judging by my dad's personality vs Jack's (complete opposite) I'm pretty sure Jack would have given him heaps at school. It certainly wouldn't have helped my dad's case that he was a complete nerd.

An old family tale has it that they both actually crossed paths at the airport during Jack's CFC presidency. The story goes that Jack recognised my dad and called out to him to have a drink with him in the airport lounge. Being my father, he politely declined the offer claiming that he had no idea who he was.

Eddie McGuire & Jeff Kennett paying lovely tribute to their time with John Elliott on 3aw

Eddie crediting Jack with putting a rocket up the broke VFL , which led to the formation of the AFL , as he was talking of creating a break away league.

Jeff credit Jacks help with 1992 election Liberal win
I credit jeff and a beautiful sporting result at the mcg with the 1999 election liberal loss..............

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Without trying to sound disrespectful, this looks like a massive omen!
On the day Voss is appointed coach, Big Jack passes away.
Almost symbolizes the death of the 'old Carlton' and the beginning of the new.

RIP John Elliot
Whilst he was a polarising President, there was no doubt his heart was True Blue.
The curse is lifted perhaps. Stranger things have happened.

Everybody makes mistakes.

Some bigger than others.

Sometimes intentional, sometimes not.

Sometimes mistakes aren't mistakes and they are other things.

Sometimes we can overcome those mistakes and sometimes they haunt us and destroy us for the rest of our lives.

You can decide to deride and loathe John Elliott and what he did to the Carlton Football Club. That's your call. However, you should appreciate all of the good that he supported and enabled.

Take the time to appreciate the gray in life.

John wasn't all bad. John helped provide me a childhood full of treasured Carlton memories.

With Sayers, Diesel, Cook, and now Vossy the time for the Carlton Football Club to rise from the ashes like the Phoenix is now.

Thank you for all the good, John.

Rest in Peace.

Condolences to family, friends, acquaintances and supporters.

Can’t hide from the truth my man.
C'mon passy, he was someone's dad, someone's grandfather, and Carlton through and through irrespective of his flaws. Human like the rest of us.

RIP John.

Back