Vale John Kennedy Senior

Remove this Banner Ad

Read an article this morning celebrating Josh Kennedy's 250th game tonight.
In it he mentioned how much of an influence his Grand Father was with messages/emails of advice.
He was quite looking forward to being able to catch up in person, (post COVID) and seeing him face to face.
Sadly, news has just come through that the great JK senior has passed away aged 91.
Condolences to the Kennedy families and the Hawthorn Football Club.

Interesting comparison between hawthorn and st. kilda. Both at the bottom for a long time. Both took their chances in the 1960s led by a great coach in John Kennedy and Alan Jeans. The Hawks went on with it and consolidated under Kennedy and ironically Jeans.

Interesting comparison between hawthorn and st. kilda. Both at the bottom for a long time. Both took their chances in the 1960s led by a great coach in John Kennedy and Alan Jeans. The Hawks went on with it and consolidated under Kennedy and ironically Jeans.

Please don't list Jeans alongside Kennedy. Jeans sent out Jimmy O'Dea.

Ages ago when I was a teacher, I appealed a posting and attended the then Teachers' Tribunal which John Kennedy then chaired.
My experience of him on that occasion was that he was an absolute gentleman - totally courteous.
Vale a gentleman and a football legend.

That was undoubtedly a great speech. But it is rarely noted that it was delivered at half time when the hawks were 22 points down and they ended up losing by 55.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don’t ruin the moment :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back