Mod. Notice VALE jozeph, aka Dugdale2Dwyer and Ghostwriter

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news. A passionate shinboner and great poster who liked to take the p*ss with the best of them. RIP Jozeph.

I never met him but from reading his posts over the years I assume he was from South East South Australia. Is that correct OMB12?
Yes that is correct. Was from Penola , which is approx. 50km north of Mount Gambier. Was also with him at the Roosistance concert where many of you would have met him in person and was a cracking guy !! So sadly missed my friend RIP.

That is to say, I will absolutely follow everyone else's lead on the above. Wasn't the easiest thing to track down, but I'm happy to report that I now have it in safe-keeping and ready to go whenever the Bigfooty collective thinks it's a good time to give it an airing.

Ready whenever you are TOD. Most people here would only have his posting style as an impression of the character he was and I reckon the interview outside the PoW shows the real bloke behind the posting...........a true North man to the core, possessing a wit and intelligence which would bamboozle some. Most of all though, he had a big heart and North was in it with everything he said and did on BF. He'll be missed!

Ready whenever you are TOD. Most people here would only have his posting style as an impression of the character he was and I reckon the interview outside the PoW shows the real bloke behind the posting...........a true North man to the core, possessing a wit and intelligence which would bamboozle some. Most of all though, he had a big heart and North was in it with everything he said and did on BF. He'll be missed!
Pretty much typed and deleted this about 8 times because I didn't think it was my place, but I agree.

Ready whenever you are TOD.

Sure. (And top work with all of this as always, Twinks.)

Competing with the Brownlow here, but obviously this is far more interesting.

It's only a brief clip unfortunately, but it does give people a glimpse of the marked difference between Joe's online persona and what he was like in person - thoughtful, intelligent, warm, quietly-spoken, and above all else, fiercely passionate about the great North Melbourne Football Club. (And also by the looks of it, apparently a little bemused when people stuck a camera in his face. Oh, and I'm not sure whose directorial decision it was to shoot into the setting sun, but I can only hope that the person in question has been sacked.)

Given Joe's sad passing, it's fantastic that this video record exists. Primarily for his family, but also for his BF brothers and sisters. The fact that it ties in with Roosistence - something that was born from these pages and that so many people on this forum played a part in - just makes it all the better.

Joe is the first person being interviewed in the clip. (Not sure who the second guy is, but he is certainly one cool cat.)

Vale jozeph.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only a brief clip unfortunately, but it does give people a glimpse of the marked difference between Joe's online persona and what he was like in person - thoughtful, intelligent, warm, quietly-spoken, and above all else, fiercely passionate about the great North Melbourne Football Club. (And also by the looks of it, apparently a little bemused when people stuck a camera in his face. Oh, and I'm not sure whose directorial decision it was to shoot into the setting sun, but I can only hope that the person in question has been sacked.)

Given Joe's sad passing, it's fantastic that this video record exists. Primarily for his family, but also for his BF brothers and sisters. The fact that it ties in with Roosistence - something that was born from these pages and that so many people on this forum played a part in - just makes it all the better.

Joe is the first person being interviewed in the clip. (Not sure who the second guy is, but he is certainly one cool cat.)

Vale jozeph.

Christ.

I was looking out through the window watching that interview.

One of the most deadpan wordsmiths I've seen on this board in the 10 or so years I've been lurking on here and a guy who once you knew his style was a very funny poster. Always demanded reading.

RIP joze, a true and loyal shinboner to the core.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

Vale jozeph.

Wow. Just...wow.

Actually a bit lost for words after watching that video. And for all my faults and shortcomings, I usually manage to cobble some words together for most situations or experiences. Very happy just to run with your summary in your third paragraph above, TOD. Thanks very much for sharing.

Made a comment when all the commotion afoot about Drew Petrie playing in the Adelaide final. Can't find it now but it was hilarious. Something like "He'll play but needs to be told he's running out of chances".

Classic Jozeph. I'm going to miss him.

Vale jozeph.

Thanks for sharing this ToD, it's a small comfort but a comfort nonetheless for our last impression of Joe to be of a thoughtful, gentle, passionate North man.

Made a comment when all the commotion afoot about Drew Petrie playing in the Adelaide final. Can't find it now but it was hilarious. Something like "He'll play but needs to be told he's running out of chances".

Classic Jozeph. I'm going to miss him.

He was prolific in the GD Threads.

Crap news and too young as many have said, condolences and heartfelt thoughts to his family and friends and those of you who were close to him, on here, or in person.

RIP Shinboner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back