Vale Laurie Icke

Remove this Banner Ad

kangaroo7

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just noticed in the paper almost by accident that tough 50s player Laurie Icke passed away a few days ago. He was 82. Icke was part of a North defence regarded as the toughest in the league in the early 1950s. he played alongside the likes of McCorkell, Kelly and Jarrard. Renowned for his mad stare and ruthless approach his too short career spanned 4 seasons and 57 games. He was the father of Stephen Icke.

Another link with the club's past broken.

He hailed from the East Ballarat F.C. and wore the famous number 27 in 57 matches for North between 1952 and 1955.

R.I.P.

I had the privallage to know Laurie, through my father, and he was a larger than life character who did not hold back and you knew exactly where you stood with him. Great man who will be sadly missed.

R.I.P

Just noticed in the paper almost by accident that tough 50s player Laurie Icke passed away a few days ago. He was 82. Icke was part of a North defence regarded as the toughest in the league in the early 1950s. he played alongside the likes of McCorkell, Kelly and Jarrard. Renowned for his mad stare and ruthless approach his too short career spanned 4 seasons and 57 games. He was the father of Stephen Icke.

Another link with the club's past broken.

Stephen was a handy player too in the 70's!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back