Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking about this thread yesterday, probably all the talk leading up to the anniversary of last years shenanigans. Hard to believe it's been this long already. Still an enduring presence in many ways on this board.

NMFC4LIFE

Team Captain
May 9, 2008
wallan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea,MVFC,Seahawks
It was the wrong smiley to use, thats all. If you had used one of these :thumbsu:, I'd of agreed with you.

Anyway, lets move on.
Fair point NR :thumbsu: consider it taken on board, actually as shintemaster touched on it's the recent happenings in our off field progress that had me coming back to this thread,so close to becoming a member based club,we are now officially a victorian based club once again and kicking goals off field left,right and centre.I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say if only the great man were here to see that all the hard yards that he and many others put in,in fighting for the survival of the mighty shinboners is reaping the just rewards.In seeing these actions I can say that I have never been more proud than I was then and am now to be a north melbourne supporter.Thank You Lidge

mighty mick

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
I was thinking about this thread yesterday, probably all the talk leading up to the anniversary of last years shenanigans. Hard to believe it's been this long already. Still an enduring presence in many ways on this board.

vale lidge, ive worked out 20 yrs too late that i was given a second chance at life dont do the same as me as i have realised that i may of missed out on something beautiful

The Chiefton

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I know it's a touchy subject guys but i am just wondering how the great Lidge passed away? sorry if i offend anyone by bringing this up.

theduckfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Mar 31, 2007
GB
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Inter,Victory, Liverpool
Year to the day, RIP Mate, party on.

Any chance of re-stickying this on the main board, Toes?

I'll leave that call to TOD and Dingster mate as they've been running this thread since day 1 from a MOD standpoint, including being in communication with Admin. They're better placed to know where Admin would stand on the matter of stickying it again to there.

Another alternative would be to start a thread there, mentioning the anniversary, and including a link to this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KangaMatt

All Australian
North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Feb 6, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, North Adelaide
Thoughts are with his family again during this time. Said it at the time, that i never had the chance to meet him, but kind of felt like I knew him well, through Big footy. Such a sad loss.

Apr 22, 2007
Burbs
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Under 19's and reserves
It's flown by.

He's never forgotten is the big fella.

HUGE LOSS to everyone.

Our thoughts today are with the Lidgerwood family....

Should have a toast before te game Sat or maybe better before the collingwood game. I can't believe it's been a year but I know the big fella would appreciate some beers and a victory.

T'Toes, Blackshadow, etc get a thread going on the main page and see if you can organise something???

Sticks

I'll leave that call to TOD and Dingster mate as they've been running this thread since day 1 from a MOD standpoint, including being in communication with Admin. They're better placed to know where Admin would stand on the matter of stickying it again to there.

Another alternative would be to start a thread there, mentioning the anniversary, and including a link to this thread.

Should have a toast before te game Sat or maybe better before the collingwood game. I can't believe it's been a year but I know the big fella would appreciate some beers and a victory.

T'Toes, Blackshadow, etc get a thread going on the main page and see if you can organise something???

Sticks

Yeah, in light of what Sticks just added, maybe crank up a new thread. Lord knows, the big bloke deserves multi-threading.

Time flies once again. Man, he left such a mighty big impression in the life of so many people. I still miss him an enormous amount so I can only imagine how difficult today is for his family who were roughly a zillion times closer to him. My thoughts are with you, Sticks (and Mrs Lidge and the lil' Lidgeys and the rest of the Lidge clan).

And wherever you are, big bloke, hope you're having a good one. :thumbsu:

Great idea Sticks. Say 5.30pm Sat night, Victory Room, at the stadium.

Thinking of you guys today mate. I hope you, Abi and the kids are holding up ok.

See you Saturday, and post on the thread if you see fit.

T'toes

If I may be so bold as to make comment, 12 months on, and certainly as an adversary of Shane's on Bay 13, he is sadly missed and truthfully never far from our thoughts.

I actually mean that - I meet up with other Big Footy and Bay 13 luminaries from time to time and his name and reputation always comes up.

Wherever he is though, I am sure that he would be sitting back, proud as punch that his and others work from this nest of insanity that is Big Footy has made a difference and his footy club is going to survive against the odds.

To Shane and his co-conspirators - I salute you.

Gone too soon.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
A year already
Thoughts of Lidge are never far away,whenever I remember the fight to keep North at Arden St.Images of the Dallas Brooks meeting,the late night ads on SEN.
Staying on this board to all hours reading threads of encouragement.Even if Lidge was Boomers size he would still be a giant.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
i dedicated my kangaroos team movie to Lidge. he did a lot for the north melbourne in keeping the team in melbourne.

mark73

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2005
Seaside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thoughts are with his family again during this time. Said it at the time, that i never had the chance to meet him, but kind of felt like I knew him well, through Big footy. Such a sad loss.

It's even worse when you were laughing and joking with him on line and then wake to find he'd passed on. His send off and where it was, was appropriate. When others see what he did, maybe they'll understand why North supporters are so passionate, and defensive.

Wasn't fortunate enough to interact with Lidge on or offline, but when i joined the forum i did research into who he was and what happened and it saddened me.

I will admit watching the news clip on youtube of his funeral made me cry like a little kid.

RIP Lidge

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It's even worse when you were laughing and joking with him on line and then wake to find he'd passed on. His send off and where it was, was appropriate. When others see what he did, maybe they'll understand why North supporters are so passionate, and defensive.

I was playing poker with him online an hour or so before he died. Kangalicious called me the next day with the news. Worst thing for me was not being able to get down from Sydney for the funeral.

****, I loved the bloke.

I agree with SLF. No bumpity- bump every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back