Boxing Vale Muhammad Ali / Cassius Clay

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
'The Greatest'' Muhammad Ali is on life support and close to the end says his family

The children of the sporting icon have rushed to be at his bedside as doctors treating the former heavyweight champ have told them they fear he “is near the end”

Growing up watching Ali change from Clay to stone I have always admired his strength of purpose. I read his biography which gave me a sense of life as a black man more than any other book since Black Like Me.

For him to rise above that to greatness says more about him than it does the country he lives in.

Will always be the Greatest to me.

Mods, please excuse the indulgence of putting this on the main board, I am aware that it will have to be moved somewhere more appropriate.

I am absolutely heartbroken to have to say, that the Greatest of All Time, my hero, Muhammad Ali has passed.

Rest In Peace to the most iconic, gifted and revered athlete ever.

There will simply never be another.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
As a kid, I used to fall asleep on the lounge room floor with a bell next to my head. At midnight, mum or dad would ring it to wake me up so I could either watch him box or see Evil Knievel's latest stunt.

He was beautiful to watch box.

Tough, smart, skilful and pretty. He transcended his sport.

Truly was the greatest. R.I.P Champ.:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
LRZwzN5.gif

Shattered.

I grew up idolising that man. My games room is covered in Ali pictures. I would have every book, doco, magazine articles etc as well as all his fights.

I am numb right now.

galindez

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Habs
Wasn't a fan personally. I mean sure he was great at his chosen sport but he bragged way too much for my tastes. His head seemed constantly up his own arse. I prefer my sportsmen and women to be a little more humble.

I see him as the sporting version of Kanye West in terms of arrogance.

He was raised in a society that told him he was worthless, he didn't agree.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Wasn't a fan personally. I mean sure he was great at his chosen sport but he bragged way too much for my tastes. His head seemed constantly up his own arse. I prefer my sportsmen and women to be a little more humble.

I see him as the sporting version of Kanye West in terms of arrogance.

Seriously? See a thread about his passing as a time to take a swipe?

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Shattered.

I grew up idolising that man. My games room is covered in Ali pictures. I would have every book, doco, magazine articles etc as well as all his fights.

I am numb right now.

Am getting down Norman Mailer and Hunter Thompson's pieces on the Zaire fight right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back