Boxing Vale Muhammad Ali / Cassius Clay

Remove this Banner Ad

LRZwzN5.gif

Better gif if it wasn't sped up.

Wasn't a fan personally. I mean sure he was great at his chosen sport but he bragged way too much for my tastes. His head seemed constantly up his own arse. I prefer my sportsmen and women to be a little more humble.

I see him as the sporting version of Kanye West in terms of arrogance.

Find it odd that your avi is of Goodes, but you take the time out to rag on someone - who just passed - who stood up for his beliefs, and defiantly refused to be placed into the box the powers that be wanted him in.

Vale The Champ.

Find it odd that your avi is of Goodes, but you take the time out to rag on someone - who just passed - who stood up for his beliefs, and defiantly refused to be placed into the box the powers that be wanted him in.

Vale The Champ.

The irony was not lost on me, just couldn't be stuffed arguing.

Every past athlete that dies will get a thread on the main board? No you say only ones you consider elite at their sport. This poster simply does not agree. Completely reasonable.

And to everyone saying GOAT. What weight division was he in? Did he ever fight others in different weight divisions? I am curious
Not sure if serious. But will answer anyway.

He fought heavyweight. Which means he would've literally beaten up on anyone in any other division.

Wasn't a fan personally. I mean sure he was great at his chosen sport but he bragged way too much for my tastes. His head seemed constantly up his own arse. I prefer my sportsmen and women to be a little more humble.

Not sure if this is a clever drawing of parallels between the way Goodes and Ali were treated because of their skin colour, or whether you just have no clue. If the former, kudos to you, if the latter, well - you goose!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply the biggest sportsman the world will ever see. Inside and outside the ring. Very smart, very sassy, very funny, very involved, and with a heart the size of Phar Lap. Sacrificed his title at the height of his powers for his principles and improved the lot of his people. Came back again against the odds. loved and respected across the world. R.I.P.

His best work was outside the ring. An incredibly intelligent man who fought for his beliefs. A man who fought for peace and brought the world together.

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years."

RIP to the greatest.

Just for those not in the know.

Ali is the greatest because he told us so.

It was his persona, his character, and he more than backed it up
In the ring.

But today is isn't the day for sporting comparisons.

Ali is and always will be the greatest.

Their was a lot to like about Ali, but a lot more to dislike, not a particularly nice person in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back