Vale my dad

Yesterday my dad Ron passed away after a short battle with lung cancer. He was almost 90. Dad was a North supporter who had strong connections to the club back in the 70s and 80s. Some older folk would remember the movie nights at the Social Club. That was dad and me who would bring in our gear and show the movies. We even showed the team a movie two nights before the 75 Grand Final as part of the team bonding - it worked. Dad was an exceptional bloke who worked almost all of his life in and around the North Melbourne area. Please remember him today with a small prayer. A fine man, an extraordinary father, grand father and great grandfather. I did ask him to send me the Tattslotto numbers when he gets to heaven and get North a flag this year. I will accept either. You may remember my thread when mum passed two years ago. they are back together now and will be cheering the Roos. Get on us for the flag this year.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My condolences gk.

Yer old man sounds like a true shinboner.

TruRoos7

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the best mate, I lost my mum earlier this year so I feel your pain. Just celebrate the good times and don't linger on the bad. They wouldn't want us to be depressed over their passing.

My condolences GoKangas. Your dad sounds like a true North man. Let's hope he can convince the folks upstairs that it's time for number 5 this year!

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
All the best mate, I lost my mum earlier this year so I feel your pain. Just celebrate the good times and don't linger on the bad. They wouldn't want us to be depressed over their passing.
Lost my father in '88 when I was 11 so definitely feel ur pain. Not sure what is worse, losing when younger or having such a long time together then losing.

Sounds like a ripping North man!!!

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Condolences to you an your family mate, appreciate the good times like you've mention above. It is people like your old man who made this club and its supporter base so great, and its awesome that you got to experience it together the way you did.

Sorry for your loss GK. Sounds like you got some great opportunities across the years to spend quality time together bonding over your mutual passion for NMFC.

Remember the good times and stay strong.

Back