Vale Neill (Rabbit58) 21/09/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Its with a heavy heart that i have to tell you that this morning , 21/09/21 , Neill (Rabbit58) passed away after his long fight with cancer . On behalf of this site i passed on condolescences to his wife Lynn and their children Aimee and Thomas . Neill has been my best friend for a couple of years now and i have so many great memories of doing our podcasts together .
Goodbye Neill , my friend , you are being missed already .

Its with a heavy heart that i have to tell you that this morning , 21/09/21 , Neill (Rabbit58) passed away after his long fight with cancer . On behalf of this site i passed on condolescences to his wife Lynn and their children Aimee and Thomas . Neill has been my best friend for a couple of years now and i have so many great memories of doing our podcasts together .
Very sad news. Neil's character and achievements left no small mark in this board and I hope he felt the love and respect he had from his fellow Saints tragics here in his final days.

The story his son told about Neil encouraging the young kids to eat their veggies by explaining the superpower each vegetable gave you - but only if you ate lots! - was a beauty and I pinched that idea and used it with my boys with great success, so if nothing else, his influence improved the health of a couple of French boys.

So I say "Chapeaux !" to a man of outstanding disposition and wish his family well at this sad time.

Sorry to hear mate.

All the best to you and Neil's family.

My condolences to you and Neill's family.

Such sad news in what is already a difficult time for many.

Sorry to hear this bad news mate. Condolences to you and Neill's family. Between his contributions here and what he's be able to achieve in the real world, it sounds like he left a positive impact in everything he was involved in.

This is terrible. Sorry to hear this mate. I remember getting the podcast started up with you both a couple of years ago. He did mention his situation a few times so it was somewhat inevitable but tough to take nonetheless.

I remember when he first told us he didn't have very long. I wanted to try and use the people I spoke to at the club to give him and his family an experience they wouldn't have had otherwise and looking back now I'm so proud and grateful to the club for allowing him to attend a game with his family in the medallion club and then be given the opportunity to go into the rooms post game and get photos and chat with all the players. Tom Hickey was outstanding in getting behind it all. I remember Neill's daughter coming on this forum and making a thank you video, she was a bit emotional but it was just nice to see that they could share that moment with him.

Bit of a trip down memory lane;

He was a terrific fella. I hope his family is well and his books take off! RIP

Thanks for the (heavy) news.
Best wishes back to you my friend.
And the best to Neill’s family.

I’m very sorry to hear that. Condolences to you, his family and all his loved ones. I wanted to say that I loved your guys’ podcast and you brought a bright, comforting take on the game each week, whether it be a grim, disappointing loss or our most inspiring win. The super coach curse, the trivia questions and everything else. He was a true Sainter. Take care of yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really, really sad to hear this. We'd corresponded, since my missus also was going through surgeries, chemo and radiation. She died on 8 August. Bugger. I was wondering how he was going... had looked to see if he'd posted lately. I was thinking of their similar journeys. My heart hurts. I imagine his family is feeling some of the same emotions I am. Oddly enough, I found some comfort myself in this quote from the TV show, the Blacklist. Please pardon me, and I mean this with no disrespect whatsoever, and I certainly don't want to take over the thread. But this is the quote. "There will be nightmares. And every day when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day it will be the second thing." I'm still waiting for it to be the second thing for me. Hasn't happened yet. I hope that day comes, and when it does, the pain feels a little bit less raw. And I hope that day comes soon for his loved ones too.

That is just sad news. He was just such a good bloke when we did the few podcasts that I did with Brains Trust .always positive and never bemoaned his situation.
RIP Neil. In heaven Saints win a premiership every year...as it should be.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

RIP! Did Neil get to see a saints premiership in his lifetime?
If he did I think he was very young...I believe Neill was in his late 50's/early 60's.

Tragic stuff really considering his story with the doctors etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back