Vale Norm MacDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Guttered

One of my favourite comedians, loved him on SNL and in all the other stuff he did, such a unique dry deadpan style of comedy, he was hilarious.

This at Bob Sagat's roast whe he pretended he was at an old folks home.

He deliberately bombed on national TV for the joke. Amazing

That was classic Norm, everyone else is telling the filthiest roast style jokes so he tells these lame inoffensive jokes just to f*** with people's heads.

Last edited:

He ended up having an almost cult following on Youtube,. People are constantly dropping obscure quotes from old interviews dating back to the 90s, which surprises me, but it's great to see.

This clip is a must watch, he absolutely goes to town on this heckler. To the point where I kind of feel bad for her. Still, it's hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching a heap of old Norm interviews on youtube the last few days and watched this interview he did with Tom Green where he talks about his first appearance on The View.

His appearance on The View was back in 2000 when Norm's sitcom was on the ABC, the same network The View was on, so they got him on to promote his sitcom and tell a funny story about his comedy hero Bill Cosby but as so often happened with Norm things didn't go to script.

This was also around the time of the 2000 election so Norm pretended to be a Bush supporter and trolled the ladies on The View, who were obviously liberal democrat supporters, by blatantly accusing Bill Clinton of being a murderer which didn't go down well especially with Barbara Walters.

As if that wasn't funny enough, Norm also blew the lid on The View producer's lame phone call prank that he tried to set up as he didn't want to do it.

This is his appearance on The View in all it's hilarious trolling glory, he wreaks absolute havoc on that show and is just sitting back laughing at it all.

I don't think he ever got invited back on The View and his sitcom got cancelled shortly after that but like SNL he didn't care, he played by his own rules.

I'm one of the few who didn't mind his sitcom

Didn't Norm tell that "woke up in rehab" story on some talk show? I wonder if he worked it into the script, or whether Norm was literally recalling the plot of an episode of the show for the host lmao

I've been watching a heap of old Norm interviews on youtube the last few days and watched this interview he did with Tom Green where he talks about his first appearance on The View.

His appearance on The View was back in 2000 when Norm's sitcom was on the ABC, the same network The View was on, so they got him on to promote his sitcom and tell a funny story about his comedy hero Bill Cosby but as so often happened with Norm things didn't go to script.

This was also around the time of the 2000 election so Norm pretended to be a Bush supporter and trolled the ladies on The View, who were obviously liberal democrat supporters, by blatantly accusing Bill Clinton of being a murderer which didn't go down well especially with Barbara Walters.

As if that wasn't funny enough, Norm also blew the lid on The View producer's lame phone call prank that he tried to set up as he didn't want to do it.

This is his appearance on The View in all it's hilarious trolling glory, he wreaks absolute havoc on that show and is just sitting back laughing at it all.

I don't think he ever got invited back on The View and his sitcom got cancelled shortly after that but like SNL he didn't care, he played by his own rules.

Fun fact; his sitcom featured the last ever onscreen appearance of Richard Pryor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back