Universal Love Vale Peter Phillips, Secretary, PAFC China Advisory Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Today I received out of the blue the very sad news, the most tragic news, that my colleague, Peter Phillips, passed away suddenly yesterday, at his home in Stanley, on the Island’s south coast.

Heart attack is the prime suspect. But it could‘ve been something else, considering the suddenness.

Peter came out of the woodwork in 2014. He had been in Beijing on business when the Club board flew up to Hong Kong in May 2014 for the first PAFC International Business Luncheon and to stage the first international meeting of the Club board of directors, both held at the Hong Kong Football Club.

I will never meet anyone quite like Peter - calm, composed, quietly enthusiastic, and wholly passionate about the Port Adelaide Football Club.

He it was who kept me on a leash, off whom I would bounce ideas and strategies as to how we took the China Strategy forward, as to how we beat the odds and made PAFC into a national, nay, international brand.

Mission partly accomplished.

I will miss him forever.

The Club has been informed.

I trust that the Club will do the necessary, as they did with Peter Chant in 2013, and ensure that my other Peter is honoured and memorialised in unique Port Adelaide fashion.

Cheers
Lockhart Road alias somebody else.

Vale Peter, RIP. Condolences on your loss LR.

I have been lucky enough to be informed by LR over the years, of Peter's contribution to Port, and it has indeed been substantial.

Both Peter and LR are what I call - using the full Port Adelaide Network around the world, to look for opportunities to advance our great club. Hopefully their work has opened enough eyes to the possibility of finding more people like Peter and LR to assist the club.

Today I received out of the blue the very sad news, the most tragic news, that my colleague, Peter Phillips, passed away suddenly yesterday, at his home in Stanley, on the Island’s south coast.

Heart attack is the prime suspect. But it could‘ve been something else, considering the suddenness.

Peter came out of the woodwork in 2014. He had been in Beijing on business when the Club board flew up to Hong Kong in May 2014 for the first PAFC International Business Luncheon and to stage the first international meeting of the Club board of directors, both held at the Hong Kong Football Club.

I will never meet anyone quite like Peter - calm, composed, quietly enthusiastic, and wholly passionate about the Port Adelaide Football Club.

He it was who kept me on a leash, off whom I would bounce ideas and strategies as to how we took the China Strategy forward, as to how we beat the odds and made PAFC into a national, nay, international brand.

Mission partly accomplished.

I will miss him forever.

The Club has been informed.

I trust that the Club will do the necessary, as they did with Peter Chant in 2013, and ensure that my other Peter is honoured and memorialised in unique Port Adelaide fashion.

Cheers
Lockhart Road alias somebody else.

I thought using the "love" react for this, but the BF one is joyful. We need a neutral one; at least, I do.

I thought using the "love" react for this, but the BF one is joyful. We need a neutral one; at least, I do.
Thank you, Grem. Peter would’ve loved to have met you. I can see the two of you down in Pro Drinkers Corner having the discussion of your lives.

There was a memorial service held for Peter at the Hong Kong Cricket Club. Then another service was held in Adelaide, attended by Richo on behalf of the Club.

Thank you, Grem. Peter would’ve loved to have met you. I can see the two of you down in Pro Drinkers Corner having the discussion of your lives.

There was a memorial service held for Peter at the Hong Kong Cricket Club. Then another service was held in Adelaide, attended by Richo on behalf of the Club.
Ok. I couldn’t avoid it this time…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back