Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ease up, I've long accepted it and moved on with my life, I still watch the sport nearly everyday. Doesn't mean I'll forget him though. He's still my favorite cricketer. It's like everyone wants to forget about him!

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody wants to forget him. I think you need to pretend Phil Hughes never existed before some government agency drags you off to a padded room.

Haha. Quality thread. Basically all I said was it's a shame he didn't have a same luck as everyone else. Unsubscribed.

Haha. Quality thread. Basically all I said was it's a shame he didn't have a same luck as everyone else. Unsubscribed.
It's a good sentiment but you're being way too intense and precious about it.

Last edited:
I don't consider myself lucky I haven't been struck in the neck with a bouncer and killed.
Neither do I. I'm talking about people that have had head injures (Schumacher, Bianchi, D.Hughes etc). Does anyone NOT think it was a shame Phil didn't have the same good luck as the others? After all this is Phil's thread isn't it? If you wanted no mention of Phil, make a new thread!

Bunch of idiots in this thread. :drunk:

Meaning well is very different to what seems to be some sort of unstable fascination with a death of a cricketer which whilst tragic really doesn't need to be rehashed ad-nauseum.

Now I could understand if the culprit is young or alternatively "on the spectrum" but saying "he means well" is only fuelling the morbid fascination this bloke has with Hughes death.
I don't have a fascination with his death, idiot. I had a fascination with him before his death... If you had more than 2 posts, maybe you'd know a bit more about the posters on here.

But hey, why should I mention Phil in the thread about him? :rolleyes::drunk:

I don't have a fascination with his death, idiot. I had a fascination with him before his death... If you had more than 2 posts, maybe you'd know a bit more about the posters on here.

But hey, why should I mention Phil in the thread about him? :rolleyes::drunk:

dont fall into the trap of looking at number of posts as an indication of the poster as a person. you're better than that. he's been here for ages but account was hacked by some stalker and as a result has started afresh.

Neither do I. I'm talking about people that have had head injures (Schumacher, Bianchi, D.Hughes etc). Does anyone NOT think it was a shame Phil didn't have the same good luck as the others? After all this is Phil's thread isn't it? If you wanted no mention of Phil, make a new thread!

Bunch of idiots in this thread. :drunk:
Firstly, stop twisting people's words to make it seem as if they didn't care about Hughes death. Of course everyone thinks it's a shame, an absolute tragedy, but we just can't be that affected by it because we didn't know him personally. Tragic, yes, but no one could possibly feel the same grief that his family do. Secondly stop twisting people's words to make it seem as if no one wanted to mention Phil Hughes, the original link was posted due to the parallels and timing of Daniel Hughes' incident. Of course it relates to Phil Hughes' incident, but you made it all about Phil Hughes, which it wasn't.

I'd compare this to John MacCarthy's passing. It was devastating, and ever so sad, but a part from the rare instance of posters who knew him socially, no one could possibly be as devastated as his family members, and no one posted like it. And when similar incidents happened, no one certainly bemoaned the oddity of chance, we were relieved that their families didn't have to go through the same thing. And we certainly don't refer to him as John.

People are just uppity about it because his family have been incredibly strong in dealing with their grief, yet you as a cricket fan who didn't know Hughes personally are still acting very publicly, which seems forced. Please note, the word seems denotes that I am not accusing you of faking sadness over Hughes' death, so don't twist my words. You just seem to be going a little over the top at the moment. It's your right to be sad, and I understand that Hughes death would have affected you, but it's coming off really strongly.

And yes, his death saddened me and I still wish he was out there playing cricket. But life has to move on, especially as someone who didn't know him personally.

We aren't a bunch of idiots, you aren't either. It's not personal.

Vale Phillip Hughes.

Dont Bother talking sense with Ashton Agar he even has special moments with some computer generated sprites, kid is in full "grief pr0n" mode, maybe for attention maybe not, but for him he is and will be the only person who is allowed to be upset about the death of Phillip HUghes, I would recommend professional help but I think Ashton isnt much older than 14 so will cut him some slack.

Check this piece out from here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/international-cricket-captain.986735/page-32#post-36827992
You are a dickhead of the highest order.

Some people are refusing to play him. At least I've decided to continue to play him. It's always nice to see him make a hundred, what's wrong with being happy over something in the game? You get a kick out of a tight win or batting a day to save the draw etc. It's the same thing, ********.

How about **** off?

Well, when you have the likes of David Warner ostentatiously kissing the ground in front of packed grandstands, whirling about and hugging the sky, of course impressionable youngsters are going to follow his example and make it all about themselves.

Well, when you have the likes of David Warner ostentatiously kissing the ground in front of packed grandstands, whirling about and hugging the sky, of course impressionable youngsters are going to follow his example and make it all about themselves.
FACEPALM.png

I ain't reply to any more s**t in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an utter embarrassment of a thread. I've bitten my tongue until now, but these teenagers mourning the loss of someone they personally didn't know is not only an attention seeking grab, but it's also bollocks ... utter crap some of the comments I've read in this thread.

Let's hope you show your own family and those close to your heart the same respect.

Ease up, I've long accepted it and moved on with my life, I still watch the sport nearly everyday. Doesn't mean I'll forget him though. He's still my favorite cricketer. It's like everyone wants to forget about him!
He was cricketer for *s sake, not a family member or devoted friend ... a cricketer you never met or knew personally. Stop acting like an obsessed teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Seek some help for your glorified fantasies.

He was cricketer for ****s sake, not a family member or devoted friend ... a cricketer you never met or knew personally. Stop acting like an obsessed teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Seek some help for your glorified fantasies.
Okay enough.

The D.Hughes incident happened, which showed how terribly unlucky P.Hughes was. I said it's a shame PH didn't have the luck that everyone else does, after all the thread is about PH. THIS IS NOT GRIEVING. Somehow, I still don't know how, peternorth read that as I wanted DH dead, which is so stupid I still can't believe that sheer utter rubbish. This is the same bloke that took my genuine surprise at Casey Dellacqua's sexuality as if I was totally against same sex relationships or some s**t a couple of days ago. He's a mod so I'm restricted in what I can say, but is he setting out to make look like a monster, or is he just bad at comprehension? Everyone jumped all over me after that, even though what Peter said was completely wide of the mark.

So I explained that I didn't in fact want DH dead, and that I was extremely happy. I was just saying it was a shame PH wasn't that lucky and everything could have been avoided. Again, THIS IS NOT GREIVING. I have well and truly continued my life as normal. Since his passing I've gone camping, I've gone away, I still watch every cricket match and play cricket, still watch tennis, still muck around with mates and everything. I honestly spend more time reading about what happened in Sydney and Paris than PH's death. But everyone on here who knows everything about me is certain I have a grieving problem and is telling me to get help.

I was recently arguing with SoG on a different board about Hughes' ability. THIS WAS NOT GRIEVING. This is just my opinion on cricket (which many people agree with). You realise I didn't just have some random man crush on him, I ACTUALLY LIKED HIM BECAUSE I RATED HIM HIGHLY. You think I just randomly decided to get attached to a random cricketer? So every time I discuss his cricket, everyone assumes I'm grieving?

Seriously. ****en mind your own business. I'm not even really grieving anymore, been like that for ages. PISS THE **** OFF.

I'll only ever come to this board to talk cricket from now on, as every mention of PH not about cricket every other idiot feels the need to jump all over me, even if my comments had barely any emotion at all attached.

Enough.

Okay enough.

The D.Hughes incident happened, which showed how terribly unlucky P.Hughes was. I said it's a shame PH didn't have the luck that everyone else does, after all the thread is about PH. THIS IS NOT GRIEVING. Somehow, I still don't know how, peternorth read that as I wanted DH dead, which is so stupid I still can't believe that sheer utter rubbish. This is the same bloke that took my genuine surprise at Casey Dellacqua's sexuality as if I was totally against same sex relationships or some s**t a couple of days ago. He's a mod so I'm restricted in what I can say, but is he setting out to make look like a monster, or is he just bad at comprehension? Everyone jumped all over me after that, even though what Peter said was completely wide of the mark.

So I explained that I didn't in fact want DH dead, and that I was extremely happy. I was just saying it was a shame PH wasn't that lucky and everything could have been avoided. Again, THIS IS NOT GREIVING. I have well and truly continued my life as normal. Since his passing I've gone camping, I've gone away, I still watch every cricket match and play cricket, still watch tennis, still muck around with mates and everything. I honestly spend more time reading about what happened in Sydney and Paris than PH's death. But everyone on here who knows everything about me is certain I have a grieving problem and is telling me to get help.

I was recently arguing with SoG on a different board about Hughes' ability. THIS WAS NOT GRIEVING. This is just my opinion on cricket (which many people agree with). You realise I didn't just have some random man crush on him, I ACTUALLY LIKED HIM BECAUSE I RATED HIM HIGHLY. You think I just randomly decided to get attached to a random cricketer? So every time I discuss his cricket, everyone assumes I'm grieving?

Seriously. ****en mind your own business. I'm not even really grieving anymore, been like that for ages. PISS THE **** OFF.

I'll only ever come to this board to talk cricket from now on, as every mention of PH not about cricket every other idiot feels the need to jump all over me, even if my comments had barely any emotion at all attached.

Enough.
This post only reinforces my original post. You are acting like a school girl with a school yard crush. Why would you be mourning? Why would you have moved on from said mourning? You didn't know the bloke, he wasn't family or a close friend and you've never met him.

He was a cricketer. Sad life you lead.

Dont Bother talking sense with Ashton Agar he even has special moments with some computer generated sprites, kid is in full "grief pr0n" mode, maybe for attention maybe not, but for him he is and will be the only person who is allowed to be upset about the death of Phillip HUghes, I would recommend professional help but I think Ashton isnt much older than 14 so will cut him some slack.

Check this piece out from here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/international-cricket-captain.986735/page-32#post-36827992
Oh dear. :oops:

This post only reinforces my original post. You are acting like a school girl with a school yard crush. Why would you be mourning? Why would you have moved on from said mourning? You didn't know the bloke, he wasn't family or a close friend and you've never met him.

He was a cricketer. Sad life you lead.
I said I wasn't mourning... Mourning, grieving, it's essentially the same thing. The only real "mourning" I did was putting out my bat and being sad for a day or two, as we all were. He died on the Thursday and I was off camping on the Monday...

But no, you know my life better than I do. :rolleyes:

I said I wasn't mourning... Mourning, grieving, it's essentially the same thing. The only real "mourning" I did was putting out my bat and being sad for a day or two, as we all were. He died on the Thursday and I was off camping on the Monday...
Get some help mate ... I'm here if you need advice.

But no, you know my life better than I do. :rolleyes:

It's time to calm down and take a break from this thread bro

Get some help mate ... I'm here if you need advice.
For what mate? For the "grieving problem" you, a person close to me, knows I have?
It's time to calm down and take a break from this thread bro
Total utter bullshit in this thread. I keep trying to leave the thread but I get quoted by some moron that thinks they know me as a person and my problems.

My wording may have been poor, idk. It may have looked all emotional to everyone else, but to me it didn't and it wasn't.

This bullshit needs to stop. Started with Peternorth's utter rubbish and it's all been exactly that since.

For what mate? For the "grieving problem" you, a person close to me, knows I have?

Total utter bullshit in this thread. I keep trying to leave the thread but I get quoted by some moron that thinks they know me as a person and my problems.

My wording may have been poor, idk. It may have looked all emotional to everyone else, but to me it didn't and it wasn't.

This bullshit needs to stop. Started with Peternorth's utter rubbish and it's all been exactly that since.

Why wouldn't you just ignore them? It's pretty easy to actually leave a thread you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back