Vale Ron Joseph

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP to the great man.

As has been said we can thank the 70s era and staying in Melbourne largely to him.

One of his last shots was a beauty also

FajsNfIaQAACcnm.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly Ron has passed away overnight.

A gigantic figure in the club’s history who led the club from cellar dwellers to a powerhouse through his passion for North Melbourne.

Brought in the likes of Barassi, Blight, Cable, Davis, Rantall, alongside Allen Aylett, Albert Mantello, Barry Cheatley, David Robb and others in the early 70’s to bring us the 1975 and 1977 Premierships.

His mark will be forever felt on this football club and the competition.

Vale Ronnie.
Was very happy to proxy our votes to Ron's group when the heat was on moving the club to the gold coast. His personal lobbying and suring up support (along with the people here on the BF North forum who were also heavily involved) is a legacy that will add to the era of premierships that Ron was also critically involved in.

RIP Ron.

Nice to go out with a win!!

RIP Ron Joseph

Ron was passionate, angry, dedicated, outspoken, offensive, innovative and above all else a Shinboner through and through.

There were times when we had some terrible arguments but always moved on and during my time he wrote me some wonderful notes of support. I suspect he was initially very suspicious of me as a "Collingwood mongrel" but he came to accept me as a North person.

We have lost a great man and true club legend.

Euge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back