Past Vale Ronald Dale Barassi

Remove this Banner Ad

The great man has left us. There's never been another man who has made a greater impact on the Carlton Football Club.

RIP

RIP Ron, all the best to your family and friends. Fitting in away Melbourne played Carlton last night.

The first number I had on my Blues jumper (with the plastic emblem) was 31 back in the mid 60s and I would religiously watch his football show (afternoons? Saturday mornings?). Mum had a massive crush on RDB so got me a Carlton jumper, sewed on the numbers, and got me supporting the Blues despite my father and brother being Pies fans.
RIP RDB. And thank you.

A person whose passion for the game, ability to lead and impact, whose personal story is so inspirational, and to be so genuine, stands head and shoulders above so many. A legend of the game, and we were blessed to have an association with the great man.
May he rest in peace as he goes to be with those who have gone before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a Takeaway in St Kilda and the owner has a picture of himself on the wall with Ron Barassi taken in the shop. I was literally admiring a picture of him when this news flashed up on the TV. So very sad. What an absolute legend.

They should rename the Premiership Cup to the Ron Barassi Cup in his honour.

RIP

Last edited:
Carlton ppl should be eternally grateful that we got him over in 1966, he changed the culture of what was a struggling club back then.

God bless you Ron, coaching our most famous club victory, the 1970 GF, will endear you to Carlton ppl forever.

“Play on at all costs”, wow did that change footy tactics forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back