Training Vale Salim Malik

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at that game and in Nixon’s after the game too.
Im fairly sure Pav missed that game and was sitting in the stand.
I spent a lot of time with Scott Gooch that night.
Yep, I remember meeting you at Nixons, had great fun that night talk about being on a high.

Rest in peace old mate. Loved our correspondence. Saddens me to lose a friend I never met. Condolences to friends and family, a ripper bloke not shy to from a footy debate!

Yep, the horse would have won the race comfortably but Connell wanted to make sure for his punt. WA racing, like a few other things, was pretty corrupt at the time.
Correct. A milkshake is a concoction where sodium bicarbonate is used to slow down lactic acid build-up. As a buffering agent it's legal in humans (or used to be) and was OK in US horse-racing for a long while. But it's banned now because it's a brilliant masking agent, able to disguise the presence of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Pioneered here in the WA harness racing industry, around the time Salim had a few pacers running around, the best being Hilector(sp?).

Just to bump this thread briefly

On Saturday 15th Peel vs Perth down at Peels home ground 210pm start myself Harry Reems and a guy whose also mates with Salim will be heading to Peel to toast and remember him.

If anyone wants to join us feel free to message on here as we will be at the main bar at half time for a drink.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just to bump this thread briefly

On Saturday 15th Peel vs Perth down at Peels home ground 210pm start myself Harry Reems and a guy whose also mates with Salim will be heading to Peel to toast and remember him.

If anyone wants to join us feel free to message on here as we will be at the main bar at half time for a drink.

Cheers
Bugger, working, hope you all have a great day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back