Training Vale Salim Malik

Remove this Banner Ad

urgh, very sorry to hear this, haven't had much interaction with the guy but was always one of the recognisable, stalwart faces here.....bit like furniture. And you get used to that. Obvs very passionate about his team; shall be missed seeing his posts here.....sad stuff :(

My condolences to all those who were connected and known to him, RIP Richard aka Salim

Such sad news. Back in the day I started watching training at Freo Oval because I was so taken with Salim’s training reports. He was a great bloke, and as others have said, in person he was a real gent.
I to only started going to training because of the great reporting by Salim and other. Will be missed on this site.

I'll never forget his obsession with Aaron Naughton.

Rest in peace SM.

He was an absolutely cracking bloke with who I had many numerous great conversations with at training over the years. His persona on here was different to the real man. In person he was an absolute gent rather than the sometimes brash and argumentative poster he came across as.

It is just a shame he never got to see a Freo flag.

R.I.P. Richard.
Yeah I sparred with him a couple of times and he wasn't overly fond of me haha but I never really had anything against him. Heart 100% in the right place and I always got the impression that we would definitely get along just fine if I ever met him in person like you guys did.

It's very sad to hear because the bloke was such a regular and very passionate part of the place for so long, he will be sorely missed.

Sad news, enjoyed reading his posts. While never met him could tell three things loved his footy loved his Dockers and loved “ telling it how it is”. Many years spent scrolling though to stop at his training reports at Freo oval. He rarely missed his assessments . RIP Salim

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to send such sad news but an old friend of mine and some others on here.

Salim has passed away.

I found out through a mutual friend.

It's only been recently. I won't go into specifics on here.

For all those who met him would understand that even though he was a little gruff on here he had a good heart and a lovely partner.

He took me under his wing for a while when i needed to tone my life down andget myself back on track.

The Freo Oval Salim Malik Stand will be where many a nice conversation started.

Vale dear friend
One of the most passionate Fremantle supporters you'll ever come across. Definitely a gentleman in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such sad news. I was a long time reader before ever posting and really looked forward to his training posts. I enjoyed the passion and discussions with other who viewed things differently. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I too was inspired by the man named Salim Malik to get down to a few training sessions each year to share. I agree whole heartedly...we should have picked Naughton. He was right under our noses. I never met the guy (that i am aware of) but never scrolled past his posts.

RIP Salim Malik

Last edited:
Really gutted, the guy just bled purple and even though we butted heads on a few times it was only out of his passion for the club and how much he desperately wanted a flag before this happened. Rest in piece Salim, life is painfully short =(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back