Toast Vale Shane Warne (1969 - 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost 3 p.m. here in England and I've just heard the news. It's tragic, just 52. Even more poignantly, he tweeted his condolences to the family of the late Rod Marsh just hours or even minutes before his own death.

One of the all time greats of cricket and without doubt the greatest spin bowler to ever play the game. A St Kilda fan, too, of course. One of those deaths that will take a while to sink in.

RIP to Shane and the great Rodney Marsh; a very sad day for Australia. I loved watching Warney, even when he was destroying England.

Last edited:
Hopefully a minute's silence before all our matches tomorrow.

2022 just stuck the knife in further.

Another Saint in heaven. RIP you bloody champion.

warne25.jpg

79e3e6a4c5e38ccbd51ff14b7d34e592

Shane-Warne-5348396.jpg

296AB36F00000578-3114208-image-m-18_1433678380035.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't believe it, not only one of the all time great cricketers but one of the all time great Saints supporters.

Warnie was always promoting St Kilda wherever he went, complaining about the umpires and hoping this year would be the year we break the drought.

RIP Warnie

A true Saint

1646408785277.jpeg

I’m in shock. Finally buried my dad today and then lose marsh and Warnie. Got some bad wraps but was a really genuine guy. Sat next to him when barks had the memorial against the hawks. Been a shocking few weeks
Very sorry to hear about your dad, Plugger. Hope you're doing okay.

Gone much too soon.

An icon of the game. A staple of my life. I have no words to express the sadness.

Rest In Peace Warne. I will love all that you brought to the end of my days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back