Vale Tony Cozier

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP.

His voice really was one of the most distinctive of all, and he was a fixture of growing up watching us playing the West Indies, both here and over there.

Virender Sehwag described it best I reckon- "his voice was like champagne on air".

RIP Mr Cozier.
Condolences to your family and friends.

A huge loss for cricket.
I feel like with Tony's passing that all the great cricket commentator have gone and we are know left with the dregs like Taylor, Warne and co.

Pretty sad day for cricket. Pretty much the West Indian equivalent of Richie Benaud.

This. Him and Richie in the box from the early days of Packer cricket were incredible.

And his style wouldn't fit in the current-day commentary box. He knew his stuff and delivered it with panache.

Soothing commentary. One of the GOATs. Bummer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superb commentator and writer full of knowledge and nous for the game.

A real shame.

One if my memories of hin was on radio during the 2011 world cup. It was the quarter final between West Indies and Pakistan. The Pakkies were teating through the Windies batting line up and whilst he remained professional you could hear the hurt in his voice as the windies crumbled without a yelp.

One of the first commentators I can recall listening to during the "Compromise Summer" of 1979-80. He reportedly once scored 365 in a game: in the backyard against his kids.