Vale Vic Fuller

Vic deserves his own thread

A place for people to share their memories of him, or those shared by others:

Unfortunate news from the club regarding this mornings events

BRIAN Cook says Geelong has lost “the soul of our club” following the sudden death of long-serving volunteer Vic Fuller.

The CEO has led the tributes to the 79-year-old, who suffered a stroke while assisting at training at GMHBA Stadium on Monday morning.

Last edited:

on no.

thats very very very sad.

I will say this much. I want to go doing something I luv too. And Vic did.

Condolences. :(

GO Catters

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I knew Vic growing up (I was only a kid/teen but mum and dad knew him pretty well), he used to camp at the same caravan park as us. He was geelong through and through, he loved the joint. Always had a cats hat on. Told us some good stories as well.

Folks would often go down to the bench and have a chat with him on match days before the game.

Always kept an eye on him when the card were on the tv, always sitting on the bench.

Sad news but died at the place he loved I guess.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
NOSTRA*******DAMUS. :thumbsu:
I thought of Vic Fuller. I played in the Geelong little league premiership in 1983 when we used the whole ground and had a proper premiership. He was the coach and a great man to me and my dad. I always used to see him there at the cats for the next 38 years from then. He died at his favourite place.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Never knew his name. But saw his face in and around the club (and on footy telecasts) for many, many years. Clearly loved by so many people down at the club. And will be sorely missed by them all as well.

Thanks, Vic, for loving our club and being there for plenty of the thin. And for when it got noticeably thicker as well. What a blessing for the club to have volunteers like this man. And I'm thankful that there's no doubt he felt incredibly blessed to be part of it all as well.

Cheers, legend...

:geelong:

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

So classy from the skipper. Genuine affection on show and a brilliant display of leadership on his part. Loved seeing young Shannon as one of the first to go to Sels afterwards as well. We have some very impressive people (let alone footy players) at this club.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
This speaks volumes...

The fact that this is not even that surprising tells you everything you need to know about both H. and the man we have lost. And to those who say modern AFL clubs are devoid of any semblance of heart and soul, this story is a clear indication of the shallow nature of that view.

Just like Vic Fuller would have said...this club will always be my club.

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
Back