PC Valorant (fps)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone tried this out?

Couple of my friends say they are addicted to this game. Easy to play, mechanics feel smooth, can run comfortably on old PC's. Its getting 9/10 reviews from a few well known websites.

It uses the Unreal Engine. Gameplay is being compared to a cross between CS:GO and Overwatch. Graphisc are nothing to write home about, but if the gameplay is fun thats all i care about.

Heres a review of gameplay from youtuber jackfrags

EDIT: Oh i forgot to add - its free to play, currently.

Last edited:
I've been playing it with some friends, I'm enjoying it. I came over from CSGO and the gun play is quite similar, more CSGO than Overwatch at the moment as the spells aren't too overboard. When you add in unique character abilities you run the risk of making the game unbalanced. But I think the devs have done well here, let's hope it continues to be that way.

Riot games business model is free to play games with crap load of microtransactions - so this will likely be free to play forever like League of legends.

The skill ceiling in this game is not that high - it'll be a good FPS to start off in. More similar to CS:GO with a little bit of an Overwatch touch.

Some things that will be added/fixed:
- Uneven matchmaking. Myself and 4 other friends who are SMFC and above rarely come across stacks that are about the same level as us.
- No spectating or replay (reviewing games) system
- I still think footsteps are still way too loud compared to CS:GO
- If you do get the battle pass, you have to play a fair bit to make the most out of it.
- Skin bundles are way too expensive, but don't expect this to drop if people are buying it regardless

Overall the game is fun, I would definitely recommending playing with a stack of 3 and above.

The skill ceiling in this game is not that high - it'll be a good FPS to start off in. More similar to CS:GO with a little bit of an Overwatch touch.

Some things that will be added/fixed:
- Uneven matchmaking. Myself and 4 other friends who are SMFC and above rarely come across stacks that are about the same level as us.
- No spectating or replay (reviewing games) system
- I still think footsteps are still way too loud compared to CS:GO
- If you do get the battle pass, you have to play a fair bit to make the most out of it.
- Skin bundles are way too expensive, but don't expect this to drop if people are buying it regardless

Overall the game is fun, I would definitely recommending playing with a stack of 3 and above.
I agree. I've only found the game enjoyable when in a stack.

Solo unrated just doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather just revert to CSGO.

I agree. I've only found the game enjoyable when in a stack.

Solo unrated just doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather just revert to CSGO.
I think because the in-game utility is unique to every agent in the form of abilities, you can't really play it properly unless you have a few people in each team in sync with each other and make sure you have a good balance in the agents you're playing with. Unlike CS where anyone can buy smokes and flashes and throw utility for themselves, you're really relying on your teammates to set you up for peeks and s**t.

Think the map design could have had a little bit more thought, there's not enough long angles to justify buying the not-AWP so most people are just going to use the not-AK and not-M4. The economy system is a bit too generous as well, you don't need to save as often as CS and the force buy guns are generally not too bad so you don't get the same reward for winning multiple rounds in a row.

Have had pleasant social experiences on Valorant so far, I'm sure I'll come across some assholes sooner or later but nothing like the shitfest that CS can be some times.

I haven't tried it yet but it seems like the controversial driver kernal anti cheat that runs from boot is very effective. Already caught 10k players cheating.

Been playing ranked for a few weeks now, sitting at Diamond 1 currently but seem to fluctuate between D2 and P3. You seem to be able to rank up and down within the space of two wins or losses rather than 4-5 wins or losses for ranks/deranks in CSGO which I don't mind. Ranking system also seems heavily geared to personal performance moreso than just match outcomes, have played in losing teams a few times where I had the highest score for the match against better ranked opponents and ended up with a small rank boost rather than a decline.

Still haven't got a main agent yet either, play with Raze a bit because she's fun but feel most comfortable with Brimstone and Phoenix as they translate best from CSGO.

Most importantly the general community is much, much better than CS. No smurfs, no hackers, no toxicity. Paradise.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back