Remove this Banner Ad

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He’s not gonna get 100k a year doing anything else

Exactly people underestimate this when they question why players dont reture when they are on top of theor game! If you havnt set yourself up after football then it isnt always about retiring at your peak and more about making as much money as you can and playing for as long as the money warrabts it as after thay your back to the real world

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly people underestimate this when they question why players dont reture when they are on top of theor game! If you havnt set yourself up after football then it isnt always about retiring at your peak and more about making as much money as you can and playing for as long as the money warrabts it as after thay your back to the real world
I would be very surprised if Andrew Swallow hasn't set himself up for life after football. He is a smart fellow who has studied while playing. I expect he is just as disciplined off field as he was on field. If he plays elsewhere next year it won't be because he has no other way to make a living. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays on though. While I think AFL has passed him by, he starred for Werribee when he played VFL last year

drama5

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would be very surprised if Andrew Swallow hasn't set himself up for life after football. He is a smart fellow who has studied while playing. I expect he is just as disciplined off field as he was on field. If he plays elsewhere next year it won't be because he has no other way to make a living. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays on though. While I think AFL has passed him by, he starred for Werribee when he played VFL last year

Yeah no i am sure he has i was just using him as an example to highlight that even the lowest wage in afl is a decent wage elsewhere!! I have a uni degree aswell but doesnt mean i can wall straight into a &150,000 job (wish i could haha)

I just think people have to remember these things when they are screaming saying players should retire with no thought to thw fact that football is a short career and its a big step down to go from highly paid afl player to the real world

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Scott Thompson (Ade) is a perfect example of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back