Value in Delisted FA - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain why Gold Coast were in such a hurry to delist players when they were yet to announce Dew as coach?

One would think Dew might rate a few and offer them a chance, Hallahan for example who provides some toughness through the middle.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they were playing those positions already and it was likely seen that Trengove couldn't. He had to compete with Jones, Petracca, Viney, Oliver and Lewis for the same positions. Jones and Lewis were the preferred experience, Viney, Oliver and Petracca were all younger. It was hardly a dozen too, it was around 6 or 8.

Nathan Jones is a co-captain, Cam Pedersen would not have played if they could avoid it but sickness to Hogan and Injury to Gawn forced their hand. Hibberd, Jetta, Lewis and Vince all played as they were either leaders or had no one younger in their position to take over.

Trengove this year and Grimes last year were left behind as they were reminiscent of a period of time that Melbourne would like to move past, Watts is going the same way.
Trengove is cooked. Lost his jump and can't kick it more than 30m. No fault of his own either.

Gibson to GWS/GC surely..

Apparently we’re into Talia as DFA.
Mmmmm
Interesting. Doubt it, we really dont need that type this year. Last year we may well have. I think he'll get picked up, and deserves to. If he really wanted to come then a rookie spot is the best we could do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel, Gore, Freeman, Keeffe, Collins, Clarke, Hallahan, Mullett, Hansen and Talia are all reasonable depth players I expect - rookie-listing them wouldn't be the worst. Collins, Clarke and Mullett likely the most value of those.

The contracts of Hartung, Miles, Lennon and Honeychurch will all be watched closely by opposition clubs too I suspect - getting them as DFA is good value.

Menzel, Gore, Freeman, Keeffe, Collins, Clarke, Hallahan, Mullett, Hansen and Talia are all reasonable depth players I expect - rookie-listing them wouldn't be the worst. Collins, Clarke and Mullett likely the most value of those.

The contracts of Hartung, Miles, Lennon and Honeychurch will all be watched closely by opposition clubs too I suspect - getting them as DFA is good value.
Jackson ramsay....bargain

I imagine Sam Collins would have his pick of suitors. Looked really good in 2016 but just got stuck in a log jam of Freo KPDs. Apparently he has had qukte a few clubs interested.

I imagine all of Hawthorn, collingwood, st kilda, GC and maybe Port would be at least kicking the tyres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back